5.9l Cummins swap into a lucky Square Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I bet it rides like a Cadillac with all that weight up front ?

1973 Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1970Something
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.9 6BT Cummins
I bet it rides like a Cadillac with all that weight up front ?

Lol oh yeah it does, maybe a Cadillac with the suspension welded up solid in front.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Lol oh yeah it does, maybe a Cadillac with the suspension welded up solid in front.

I really miss the ride I had when I had the 6.2:bawl: I had to pull it and I put a 350 in, now it bounces all over the place. I almost don't like it! When I had the 6.2 it drove like a dream even with the 6 inch lift.

I have been thinking of bolting 1" steel plates to the bumper to put that weight back up front and then a winch in front of that. lol

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
So would anyone be so kind as to help me get my gauges working? None of them work and I'm kinda lost as where to start with that mess

what ya need help with some of its a lot to type but I can help

1973 Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1970Something
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.9 6BT Cummins
what ya need help with some of its a lot to type but I can help

Well now that I have been messing around with it lately, I must be narrowing it down. Before when I connected the connector for the cluster I had nothing at all. But I think I connected a wire or something, I don't really remember lol but now I got lights and turn signal markers. But no gauges work which obviously they won't because I snipped all of the wires on the left hand side of that fuse block that is in the fire wall on the engine side. So I just don't know where what wire would go to which sensor. I tried to do a continuity test and I had luck with the coolant Guage but not the rest

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Well now that I have been messing around with it lately, I must be narrowing it down. Before when I connected the connector for the cluster I had nothing at all. But I think I connected a wire or something, I don't really remember lol but now I got lights and turn signal markers. But no gauges work which obviously they won't because I snipped all of the wires on the left hand side of that fuse block that is in the fire wall on the engine side. So I just don't know where what wire would go to which sensor. I tried to do a continuity test and I had luck with the coolant Guage but not the rest

yea man I think you did what I did , there was a orange wire that gos back to your fuse block that needs a 12 volt source it was connected to your starter when the chevy engine was in there , needs to be on the battery ... you need find a chevy manual that has stock wire color codes that's really the only way to figure that out

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
I don't have one for your year mine just from 83 to 88

1973 Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1970Something
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.9 6BT Cummins
I don't have one for your year mine just from 83 to 88

Thanks for the info dude, but the thing is my trucks harness and entire wiring is from a 1986 as that's what the truck originally say. I just did a body swap

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Thanks for the info dude, but the thing is my trucks harness and entire wiring is from a 1986 as that's what the truck originally say. I just did a body swap

oh well I might be able to help then !! can you still see what colors they were ?

1973 Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1970Something
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.9 6BT Cummins
oh well I might be able to help then !! can you still see what colors they were ?

Um Yeah I believe so actually, I made sure I left enough wire there to make a butt connection later on if need be

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
ok let me look but I don't know how I can post it

Latest posts