350 Combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Whats up yall. I was just gonna post my combo and see what kinda feedback I get. I got a stock bore 350, mildly ported crate motor heads, Comp XE274, Edelbrock Performer EPS intake, holley 750, a pertronix flame thrower hei, hooker lt's, 2 1/2 pipes back to flowmaster 40's dumped at axle. trans is a th350 with a shift kit and 2800 stall. not sure which rear gears i have.

My next thing is probably get some vortec heads and a bigger stall. Then MSD ignition and distributor.

Any comments on the setup as it is now? Sound pretty good? id like to get somewhere around 400 ft lbs if possible with the stock bore and vortec heads. Possible?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Sounds pretty healthy right now, though you are probably head-limited right now. Vortec's would definitely wake it up. You'll have no problem making 400-ft lbs (at the flywheel, anyway) with them.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I know the stock vortecs are limited on camshaft lift (.480) I think. But I know you can get a pair of GMPP that will take more lift for around $600 a head I due believe. I want it all NOW!!!

My last engine spun a bearing and locked up. Im gonna be puttin in another shortblock in about a month.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Whats up yall. I was just gonna post my combo and see what kinda feedback I get. I got a stock bore 350, mildly ported crate motor heads, Comp XE274, Edelbrock Performer EPS intake, holley 750, a pertronix flame thrower hei, hooker lt's, 2 1/2 pipes back to flowmaster 40's dumped at axle. trans is a th350 with a shift kit and 2800 stall. not sure which rear gears i have.

My next thing is probably get some vortec heads and a bigger stall. Then MSD ignition and distributor.

Any comments on the setup as it is now? Sound pretty good? id like to get somewhere around 400 ft lbs if possible with the stock bore and vortec heads. Possible?

I think you should swap the carbeurator, 750 seems a little much you should be able to get by with a 600-650.

You do all that to the motor and be prepared to have a money pit. What I mean by that is theres an order you should follow on performance upgrades. You need to make sure your drivetrain is capable of handling the extra performance. For instances start with upgrading the rear differential as to handle the more powerfull engine, then move to the Transmission, driveshaft is prolly ok, then you can get the motor done how you like it. Otherwise your gonna end up eating through Transmissions, and rearends.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I think you should swap the carbeurator, 750 seems a little much you should be able to get by with a 600-650.

You do all that to the motor and be prepared to have a money pit. What I mean by that is theres an order you should follow on performance upgrades. You need to make sure your drivetrain is capable of handling the extra performance. For instances start with upgrading the rear differential as to handle the more powerfull engine, then move to the Transmission, driveshaft is prolly ok, then you can get the motor done how you like it. Otherwise your gonna end up eating through Transmissions, and rearends.

Im addressing the trans as soon as I get the motor back in. Trans needs rebuilt anyway so Im going to use a good kit and upgraded hard parts. I have a external cooler layin around. I would like a TH400 but Im not to sure I need that right now. Prolly step up to that once I finish the 383.

As for the rearend it has a posi so Im assuming it does not have stock internals. I got the truck with a blown motor and bought a shortblock (used) that was suppose to be good and it ran for 12 hours and locked on me. I havent really drove the truck much so Im not sure what all else it needs.

The steering feels sloppy so that will be next once I get the shortblock in again. Then trans rebuild. Then vortecs. I was mainly just wanting some feedback on the current engine setup

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello