203 trouble?!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cupp_cody

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
88 / 79
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
So when I shift my 203 out of anything besides 4h its goes into a neutral. Idkof that's the linkage or what's going on? Anyone have this trouble before?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've never had a NP203. Hopefully C4 is the guy to know more about this one.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The linkage would be the first thing to check. If they are exposed to the elements the cotter pins can rust away and let the rod pop out of the shifter or the t-case end. Otherwise it will be something to do with the internals- synchros or who knows what. I have a 205 and the most I've ever had to do was put input-output bearings and seals in. If it's not the linkage I'm sure there are plenty of exploded view diagrams on the web to help with the disassembly.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
The linkage would be the first thing to check. If they are exposed to the elements the cotter pins can rust away and let the rod pop out of the shifter or the t-case end. Otherwise it will be something to do with the internals- synchros or who knows what. I have a 205 and the most I've ever had to do was put input-output bearings and seals in. If it's not the linkage I'm sure there are plenty of exploded view diagrams on the web to help with the disassembly.

Agree^^^^^^^ , I have had linkage problems with one of my 203's before.That is where I would check first as well
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda