Advice and Parts recommendations for some 6.2 cam/valvetrain work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Well, I got it swapped out and started right up. Sounded good and ran decent on the stock 2011 Yukon 6.2 OS I swapped in to start with. Then it started making a slight knocking sound... which then got worse and worse until I had to shut it down and investigate. Pulled my hair out and started going through the 6 stages of grief for a day or two before digging in to try and figure out WTF last night. I was sure it was too long of pushrods collapsing the lifters, then I was sure that the sound was too terrible for that and it must be a delphi LS7 lifter coming apart(damn you Michigan motor sports!!!!), but then I started thinking it might be a spun bearing because it was THAT terrible of a noise. Then when I removed the rockers and pushrods and went to manually turn over the engine.. it made a solid "clunk" every time you turned the crank even a little bit!

Climbed under it and had my brother in law turn it and sure enough.... flexplate bolts are loose(or maybe flexplate broke). So now I get to pull the transmission back off enough to put some red locktite on the flexplate bolts and torque them back down to spec.

I'm still not sure if I forgot to torque them originally or if something else is messed up, but I'll find out tonight. I'm torn between pissed off I screwed something so simple and annoying to fix up and being relieved I didn't spin a bearing and destroy my fresh engine.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Been there, done that, where the simple fix nearly passes you off more than makes you feel better... here's hoping it just slipped your mind and wasn't torqued with no further harm...

I chased an intermittent stall under load on my Monte Carlo 5.3 swap years ago. Took me weeks of hair pulling and stress and headache and diagnosing before I found a ground wire on a loose bolt, and under throttle the cable flexed and bumped the harness, making it hop across the teeth of the bolt, and losing ground for injectors or coils or something, causing my stall. I was so relieved but so upset that it was something that simple, just tighten a bolt...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchersllc