wiring connection issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grey5chevyboy

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
87 c10
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
lsx
Hello I took on a 87 r10 project roller and wanted to get the old girl running again before I do the body work. I snatched a 93 roadmaster l05 to put in place of the lo3 but have a few issues with the stock 87 wiring. I have addressed the tps sesor plug diffrence, I also got a icm from a truck, and map sensor bracket from a truck as the car has it mounted to firewall. the 87 lo3 I assume was a v belt with the ac on driver side and alt. On passenger side. My issues are I have no connector that looks like it should plug into a alternator or compressor.hers a few pics maybe some of you guys can help me out.of course the 93 l05 has the accesorrys are fliped so i would have to extend the harness anyway.

Last edited:

grey5chevyboy

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
87 c10
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
lsx
You must be registered for see images attach

grey5chevyboy

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
87 c10
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
lsx
No one can help? I've traced the ac wires fixed that,my only issue now is one orange wire near the oil pressure and 02 connections. Also seems I have the trigger wire for alternator Brown?in the picture, but not the red wire that's involved in the two prong alternator plug. Anyone know where that red wire from the plug goes two?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
If you have a TH400 the orange wire could be for the kick down