Where to Connect On/Cranking Wire for Sniper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyhoSilver

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi There,

I have a 1975 stepside with a 350 2wd. I am getting ready to put a Holley Sniper on but was wondering where is everyone connecting the wire that needs power while on position and cranking?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
There should be several open terminals on the fuse box. Use a test light to verify. I recommend using that feed to trip a relay an send direct battery power so it doesnt see to much voltage loss while cranking.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Look on the left side of your fuse panel. There should be an accessory space that has power while on and cranking. Connect the pink trigger wire there.

Heads up, if your ignition switch is worn out, you may end up with issues. You can test continuity from main firewall junction to whatever accessory slot in the fuse panel you choose. Set your DMM to tone on continuity. Cycle the key with battery disconnected. The tone should stay rock solid from run to start positions. Any break up or scratchiness is a problem.

The other option is to run a simple switch directly from the battery positive to the pink wire, fused of course.

KyhoSilver

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the help. I will test it out this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke