What truck should i get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss27gogeta

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C
Engine Size
I love the way these trucks look and want to get a nice one for a daily driver I like the step side bead the best but are the trucks that usaly came with thouges beads any good for pulling the most I will pull is a car trailer with maybe 5000 lb vehicle on it and do these trucks come in 3/4 and 1 ton with the stepside beads or only 1/2 ton. Should I just look for a long bead for the longer wheelbase thanks

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Welcome to gmsb

There is a regular size 8' stepside bed that came in 3/4 ton but they are very very RARE.
Some people liked them but to others the long box step is ugly.
You could convert a 1/2 ton to 3/4 pretty easy. Heck toss on a 60/14! No you don't need one ton if your a Clark Kent kinda guy!
Even a stock 3/4 ton suspension may need a little help with a 5000 lbs trailer on it. Camper Special 3/4 tons are abundant, and will give you all the suspension you need and either a regular 14 bolt or the 9.5" semi floater 14 bolt.
I would tow your weight with a 1/2 ton if it had a 14 bolt and the suspension, even just with air bags stock rear suspension will be fine. The more normal rear diff in 1/2 tons is a little dinky 10 bolt or 12 bolt. Good you can tow your dirt bikes but that's about it.
There wonderful old trucks are totally Lego interchangable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe