what tranny rebuild kit do ya like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TIC

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350cid
There's a lot of tranny building going on, but i dont see much talk on the kits. what kit did you use, were did you get it, why did you choose it. what do you look for in a kit. I've been looking at kits till my eye's bug. the best one's seem to be on ebay. i found one that has everything plus the high end friction and steels, it has the full bushing kit, thrust washers, needle berrings , mod. gaskets seals. its the most complete kit ive seen so far, and its only 135. and there's a level 4 shift kit for 57 i'm thinking about. i want to make this tranny as tough as ican, i live on a mtn. and i pull a flatbed trailer up and down steep swisties. my 700r is down to 1st and 2nd, lost the other two gears the other day. but i got to keep useing it or i can't make any money. i rebuilt the 700r about 5-6 yrs ago and havn't had a single problem the whole time, till recently, the 700r just can't hold up to what i use my truck for, that why i'm going to the 350, and i'm gonna build the hell out of it. its a 89Z71 off road. its got all the factory goodys. its the best off road ive ever had. and someday im gonna find a 55 chevy body and put it on this chasise. that'l check another one off my bucket list.:cheers:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205

Latest posts

Forum statistics