Think I broke it..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So today after dropping my buddy off at practice I decided to be a little hoodlum and drop the clutch in the parking lot. Well with my new locker I got some pretty bad axle hop so I let off pretty quick. Well I put out of the parking lot and everything's fine until I hit 4th gear. Then the truck starts shaking pretty bad and making some unhealthy noises. To me it sounds like i broke something in my tranny which is a ch465 same as sm465. At first I thought I tweaked the conversion u joint or maybe the driveshaft but that would affect all speeds and all gears. One last thing the faster I go in 4th more of the vibrations go away but there still definitely there. Oh and one more thing haha my truck grinds into first pretty bad usually and third kind of bucks into gear.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Doh!!!

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Local guy has a tranny for 150 buckaroos which is exactly how much my paycheck is. how convenient... Did i mention none of my friends will want to help me after pulling my tranny a month ago because i blew up my clutch. I also don't have a heated garage so this should be fun.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
well you broke something. what, I have no idea. get the rear in the air and see if you can find where it's coming from. be very careful doing this. highdesertranger

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yea it might not hurt to drain rear end fluid and make sure you don't have anything but fluid come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Noise isn't coming from the rear end, and besides if i check something will be wrong.. kiddingg but no noise from the rear end at all. Also 40 in 3rd gear is perfectly fine but 40 in 4th sounds and feels like hell. All of which points to the transmission.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I know there's a gasket between the adapter and the t-case. But is there a gasket between the tranny and adapter?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64