Steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I'm going to install my steering stabilizer soon and would like to hear any advice that I can get on the subject. For starters I have a 6" lift with 37's and from what I can see the frame has already been welded @ the steering box.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Pretty much counter productive on a 4x4, especially a lifted one. I would leave it off and not have one if it were me. JMO

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I like them because they look cool and two look better than one , IMO.

Easy to install , bolt to the tab on the axle housing , make sure the shock is centered and clamp it to the tie rod or some tie rods already have the hole.

Check your frame closely for crack's being that it's been welded and get the ord frame brace kit to avoid futher issue's.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Uhhh yeah, what hirsch said. Why was I thinking front sway bar? :suicide: Steering Stabilizers are good to have. But, I'll stick to, if you have a lift I wouldn't run a sway bar. And if I did, it would have disconnects for when wheeling.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thanks! for a minute there I was thinking that maybe I spent money on something I shouldn't use! But thanks to both Hirschdalechevy and HotRod PC for the advice! I did post in another thread about installing dual shocks on the front and I purchased the kit already but I'll probably go with singles after what I heard. I will most likely get the steering box frame brace to weld on because it doesn't look like where it cracked was welded to good. Also I just wanted to say that I'm really new to working on a truck and especially a lifted one! All advice is appreciated, I'm definitely not a mechanic but I'm having fun! I'll post pics just as soon as I learn how.......

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, you did good with the stabilizers.

As far as posting pics, you use the Go Advanced button under the text box, then you'll see where to select and upload your photos.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Uhhh yeah, what hirsch said. Why was I thinking front sway bar? :suicide: Steering Stabilizers are good to have. But, I'll stick to, if you have a lift I wouldn't run a sway bar. And if I did, it would have disconnects for when wheeling.

Someone needing some sleep? :yawn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Someone needing some sleep? :yawn:

Yep, I for sure was wore the hell out and not awake when I responded to that. I find posts on here all the time where I answered in my sleep. :rofl: Need to shut down the computer and night. What happens I get up to piss, shake the mouse, go piss shake my pecker, then by the time I get back the computer is awake and I log in. If it's off, I'd be back to sleep by the time it got booted up. :rofl:

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thanks HotRodPC I'll use that when I post them! I'm not only new at working on a truck but I'm still figuring out how to use my computer! I'm a big dumb idiot!

Last edited:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks HotRodPC I'll use that when I post them! I'm not only new at working on a truck but I'm still figuring out how to use my computer! I'm a big dumb idiot!

imgur is a good place to upload photos.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Get fluent with operating the computer and you'll find all the help you need about the truck. I wouldn't go as far as big dump idiot. A big dumb idiot would be trying to learn the ****.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
imgur is a good place to upload photos.

@firebane, just loaded Imgur, thanks

Unlike most forums, we have plenty of space and bandwidth, so you can host your pics directly to the forum rather than use pic hosting sites that lose and rename pics, then you have dead links on the forum and pics go away. Along with, there is less steps posting directly to hte forum.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Make sure you put boots on your steering stabilizers. My brand new one that I bought from cheap ass auto supplies didn't have a boot for it and I was to lazy to drive across town to get one so I watched my brand new stabilizer leak out all over my drive way.

wont do that twice

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Stabilizers

Well here they are and most likely I will be installing them tomorrow. They came with the boots and everything and there's two!!!!

Attachments

• stabilizers.JPG
    stabilizers.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 249

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69