Steering Improvement Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Agreed to adding the bolt on steering box brace, if your frame is not cracked. If it is weld the plate that ORD sells. I cant say for sure that i noticed difference but peace of mind knowing it should be helping.
One more thing to check. Have someone turn the steering wheel left and right to where the tires start to turn while you are watching the left front spring hanger and see if the bushing is moving inside the spring eye or the hanger is loose. My new tuff county springs had poly that were moving in the eye of the spring. Tried a new spring and kevlar bushing, same thing. Finally installed factory metal/rubber bushing that helped considerable.

greatlakes08

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Agreed to adding the bolt on steering box brace, if your frame is not cracked. If it is weld the plate that ORD sells. I cant say for sure that i noticed difference but peace of mind knowing it should be helping.
One more thing to check. Have someone turn the steering wheel left and right to where the tires start to turn while you are watching the left front spring hanger and see if the bushing is moving inside the spring eye or the hanger is loose. My new tuff county springs had poly that were moving in the eye of the spring. Tried a new spring and kevlar bushing, same thing. Finally installed factory metal/rubber bushing that helped considerable.
Thanks I will check that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1