Steering Gearbox Blues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yes sir! Less than the price of tank of gas in California...

Quick question, I was looking at ORD and then someone mentioned Autofab..the two items look identical to me...do you think one is better than the other? Autofab is about 30 mins from me which I like...they seem to imply they fabricate their own stuff too? Does ORD sell their stuff or vice versa?!?

I have no idea on the autofab. I know ORD is a well known company that lots of guys have used. If it were me I'd drive the 30 minutes to Autofab to check out their product. But I have no experience with them so I can't comment.

Yea, I was just saying in another thread that I'm going to have to park my square (I've been dailying it for the last 3 years), but I'm looking at what will amount to nearly a $10,000 annual fuel bill just to drive to the shop and back. Not counting feed runs for the farm or anything else. Just to drive to the shop and back! I'll still use the square for farm runs and stuff, it just can't be a my commuter any more. For now it'll probably end up being my 1992 Dakota, which has mostly sat for the last few years. I need to pull it out and see what it'll take to make it a runner again and then go from there. I really don't have anything that really gets good mileage, but maybe I'll see 14 in the Dakota? I can't remember it's mileage it's been too long.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
I have no idea on the autofab. I know ORD is a well known company that lots of guys have used. If it were me I'd drive the 30 minutes to Autofab to check out their product. But I have no experience with them so I can't comment.

Yea, I was just saying in another thread that I'm going to have to park my square (I've been dailying it for the last 3 years), but I'm looking at what will amount to nearly a $10,000 annual fuel bill just to drive to the shop and back. Not counting feed runs for the farm or anything else. Just to drive to the shop and back! I'll still use the square for farm runs and stuff, it just can't be a my commuter any more. For now it'll probably end up being my 1992 Dakota, which has mostly sat for the last few years. I need to pull it out and see what it'll take to make it a runner again and then go from there. I really don't have anything that really gets good mileage, but maybe I'll see 14 in the Dakota? I can't remember it's mileage it's been too long.

Good idea, I think I will make a road trip out there! I was poking through the forums and someone said that the ORD brace is indeed the Autofab

I'm not sure why anything happening in Eastern Europe is causation for our fuel prices to DOUBLE...but politics is not my strong suit...however I do know that going out and buying a Tesla in not in my budget..

Attachments

• autofab.jpg
    autofab.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Good idea, I think I will make a road trip out there! I was poking through the forums and someone said that the ORD brace is indeed the Autofab

I'm not sure why anything happening in Eastern Europe is causation for our fuel prices to DOUBLE...but politics is not my strong suit...however I do know that going out and buying a Tesla in not in my budget..
Well IDK, I've been told gas prices is like the stock market, another thing I know nothing about... But what I have been told volatility in other words anything unusual will cause gas prices to spike. All the while gas companies are making record profits right now. People around here like to complain about the state and county gas taxes. All added up that's $0.75 a gallon. Sure that's a lot of tax, but even if we took away all gas tax gas would still be ridiculously expensive.

I would not be surprised if you find they are the same bracket. There is a lot of that an automotive were one manufacturing facility will sell to different companies and they all put their own name on it.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Just an FYI..I contacted Autofab and they confirmed that they indeed do make the bracket for ORD...
Not exactly sure why it's $140 at ORD and $150 at Autofab though:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe