Squarebody Surprise (and why I joined here)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mshawn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Micah
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10,jimmy,k10
Engine Size
I’ve go
Been into cars and trucks forever, owned all types and can find good in most makes and models although I do have a preference for American Muscle cars and pickup tricks from the late 60's to the late 80s. I've owned a '68 Charger, '70 Challenger (had them in high school in the early 1980's) and more recently spent 5 or 6 years building a 1955 chevy restomod from a rolling shell into a for-real show car.

As I was looking for my next project, I was thinking about a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup truck, and honestly would have been happy with a chevy/gmc, dodge or ford from the mid-to-late 70's to late 80's as I've owned and used the heck out of all 3 from that era and know first hand they are good trucks.

My buddy - also a gearhead and friend since high school in the 80's - had a 1976 GMC K20 4x4 he was going to build himself until something else came along that he liked better. So I got a great deal on it, and am planning to have some fun. The frame is solid, it has a 14bolt rear end and dana 44 front end and the NP205 transfer case with the manual 4-speed trans that has the granny-gear low.

Right now it has a 350 in it and I need to evaluate the engine. I am hoping I can get it running and driving to use as I build a house, although long term there will be an engine upgrade for sure.

Looking forward to getting to know people here and learn about these great trucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I got an early model 76 C20 with a 4 speed in the floor and a 14 bolt that I just posted in the for sale section 1500.00 I’m in Arkansas. This would be a great parts truck for your 76. But I wish someone would build it. You have a beautiful truck! Welcome to the forum!!!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
76 GMC 4x4, running lights on top, Dana, 14 bolt rear end and manual transmission. That's a hell of a truck. Have fun! Welcome.
Yes indeedy! Can't beat a GM 8 lugger....
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas.