Selector valve 1983 Sierra classic 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinWeber32

Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The passenger tank doesn’t work on my pickup. I’m going to replace the selector valve. Some of the hoses have been replaced and I wanted to make sure they were done properly before I took it apart. There is on hose that feeds right back into another port. I wanted to make sure that is correct, or if that is supposed to go somewhere else. If not, does anyone have a picture of there’s I can go off of? I’ll add a picture of mine.
You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Try these:

Attachments

• Pollak Multi Tank Swtching Valve Instructions_2.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 55

JustinWeber32

Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thank you. Looking at it, I believe they bypassed the selector valve and ran the fuel line straight to the drivers side tank line. That diagram will help though.

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Definitely what it looks like to me. I just replaced my valve on my 87 a few months ago after it got stuck. Make sure to take a good look at your connector at the valve while you’re there. If it looks gross to the point of no return replace it. Intermittent connections back there get really annoying really fast.

JustinWeber32

Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I’ll probably just replace it to be safe.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
All this makes me glad that mines has a 3 port single wire!! Btw MANY thanks to Mr. Aydo for this! @AyWoSch Motors

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
All this makes me glad that mines has a 3 port single wire!! Btw MANY thanks to Mr. Aydo for this! @AyWoSch Motors
Not to hi-jack the OPs thread ( and you may already know this) but for anyone that doesn't GM went away from the single wire valves and because they are less reliable. Two issues, one is that it is powered and it switches to one tank, cut the power and a spring inside the unit switches it to the other tank, issues with that internal spring can prevent the tank from switching, but because the gauge is controlled by the switch on the dash the gauge changes and the driver is unaware the tank did not. So the 5 or 7 wire, there were both the polarity is reversed when the switch is flipped so the solenoid inside the valve is powered in both directions making for a more reliable valve, but also the gauge change became part of the valve so if the valve fails to change the tank, the gauge won't change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg