Rock slider attachments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
A lot of the links for rock sliders are dead now. I see DIY and a fw others use the body channel to mount to. Im sure Kurt makes good stuff, but Im curious if anyone has had bad results from mounting to the boxed area over time. Was originally planning on mounting to frame, but then they will also flex unless tied into body is my guess. Im concerned my sons 87 body mounts may not be up to the task.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Fwiw, I have sliders from diy4x. My sliders are set level so they can be used as a step, I’m about 275 and have had no issues with them being attached to the body mounts. Mine is strictly a play toy, not a daily driver.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
thanks. I was more concerned about years of wheeling and landing on rocks. Best I can tell, there are no sleeves going thru the boxed area correct? Any issues with crushing the box over time or the holes egging out?

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
There are no tubing inserts going through the box, just long bolts with a backing plate on the opposite side.

I haven't set mine down on the sliders yet to know if it would damage the boxes but I haven't read about it happening (I realize anything is possible).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad