Rear lights issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik Anderson

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K25
Engine Size
Alright so I have been restoring a 1975 GMC K25. I recently got the bed back on and today put the tail light wiring and taillights back in the bed. So my problem is my turn signals act like hazards either way they are set but the front turn signals and the arrows on the dash work as they should. Also I have no turn signals at all with the headlight switch pulled out and also no rear running lights. I do have Brake lights that work properly as well as reverse lights. I'm stumped. I've tried cleaning the grounds which didn't help. I don't know where to look next and any help would be appeciated.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Erik Anderson,

Did you unknowingly mash a wire(s) when putting the bed back on? That would be my first guess since you have normal lights other than the ones mentioned. Rereading your post, that's what it must be, you cut some wires or mashed them, or even mashed some wires together.

Check fuses to.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Run a ground wire from the body (bed) to the frame. 10 or 12 gauge with star washers on the bolts.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Erik Anderson,

Hey! What did you find was the problem?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL