Re-badging my Square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My badges are 3M taped also

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_103612_kindlephoto-1658963.jpg
    IMG_20200609_103612_kindlephoto-1658963.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 62

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Stooopid question of the day. Is this a deal killing faux pas?

Have no interest in selling my truck, but might happen one day. My truck is a Scottsdale 20....was pretty stripped (no options) and very bastardized when I got it - wiring, under hood accessories (all with various JY markings), transfer case, brake system, steering column.....even the locks were a mismatch. The motor was pulled and replaced. I am redoing everything from scratch - every bolt, wire, hose, line and component was replaced with new. The sheet metal is totally stripped down for an all new color.

I have in my possession NOS original Silverado 20 fender badges. My new dash came with a new vent panel and Silverado badge. I have no interest in chroming everything up, but am considering using what I have and rebadging it as a Silverado. It will be LOADED - power everything, new-bigger-badder motor, so not like I'm ruining an all original truck.

It wont change what I'm doing to it, but am a bit curious as to how bad it might damage any future value - or any truck like this for that matter.

THX
Only you, your hairdresser and Keith Seymour will know.

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Found this and many others the other day on the old Interwebs. Didnt save any others.
You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Found this and many others the other day on the old Interwebs. Didnt save any others.
You must be registered for see images attach

Where? You gotta provide a source. I want

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
@AyWoSch Motors

I wanna get one of those for my 79

I looked around to no avail, lemme look again

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Stooopid question of the day. Is this a deal killing faux pas?

Have no interest in selling my truck, but might happen one day. My truck is a Scottsdale 20....was pretty stripped (no options) and very bastardized when I got it - wiring, under hood accessories (all with various JY markings), transfer case, brake system, steering column.....even the locks were a mismatch. The motor was pulled and replaced. I am redoing everything from scratch - every bolt, wire, hose, line and component was replaced with new. The sheet metal is totally stripped down for an all new color.

I have in my possession NOS original Silverado 20 fender badges. My new dash came with a new vent panel and Silverado badge. I have no interest in chroming everything up, but am considering using what I have and rebadging it as a Silverado. It will be LOADED - power everything, new-bigger-badder motor, so not like I'm ruining an all original truck.

It wont change what I'm doing to it, but am a bit curious as to how bad it might damage any future value - or any truck like this for that matter.

THX
The way you restore vehicles... you could badge your truck FORD and it would still be worth massive coinage.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I really don't think it will change anything. As long as you're not trying to pass a fake off as a massively more expensive vehicle (think slapping some body parts and engine in a Plymouth Satellite and trying to sell it as a Superbird), I think you'll be just fine. As stated above, squares are not nearly collectable enough for this to matter, and realistically if someone cared THAT MUCH about originality they could always slap some other badges on later. Also, since it sounds like it's not original in most regards, I really don't think it matters much at all- it will still be a really nice truck. Use what you got man.

Hell I got an '81 Trans Am with the 400 from a '73, a transmission out of some other large '68 pontiac (which I will be swapping for a 4spd out of whatever the hell car I can find), shaker hood from a pre-'80, '79 graphics package (yet to be applied), wheels off a '77, and misc dash and interior parts from lord knows what years of T/A. And I tell people it's a '79 just to avoid weird looks, the combo of that hood with those bumpers tells most people '79 so I lust stick with it to be easy. I don't care that it's not worth a ton the way it's put together, when I'm done with it I will be perfectly happy the way it is and it will still be a great car no matter how it started life.

Last edited:

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I really don't think it will change anything. As long as you're not trying to pass a fake off as a massively more expensive vehicle (think slapping some body parts and engine in a Plymouth Satellite and trying to sell it as a Superbird), I think you'll be just fine. As stated above, squares are not nearly collectable enough for this to matter, and realistically if someone cared THAT MUCH about originality they could always slap some other badges on later. Also, since it sounds like it's not original in most regards, I really don't think it matters much at all- it will still be a really nice truck. Use what you got man.

Hell I got an '81 Trans Am with the 400 from a '73, a transmission out of some other large '68 pontiac (which I will be swapping for a 4spd out of whatever the hell car I can find), shaker hood from a pre-'80, '79 graphics package (yet to be applied), wheels off a '77, and misc dash and interior parts from lord knows what years of T/A. And I tell people it's a '79 just to avoid weird looks, the combo of that hood with those bumpers tells most people '79 so I lust stick with it to be easy. I don't care that it's not worth a ton the way it's put together, when I'm done with it I will be perfectly happy the way it is and it will still be a great car no matter how it started life.
It must be Pontiac's that brings that out. I was looking for a 67 Tempest picked up a 67 LeMans and 67 GTO parts car. The final result will be a GTO power train and a mix of GTO and LeMans styling. I am only putting on the Pontiac emblems and leave off the GTO and LeMans emblems. I just need to shoe horn a t56 Magnum and all will be well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1