Radio operators lend me your ear!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneShot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Greetings,

Upon cleaning the truck and doing some long-needed work, I decided that the two radios sitting on my dash are both unsightly and hazardous. They're both black and sitting in the sun can't be good for them. One's a CB And one's a HAM (2m / 70cm rig for you hams out there. N9PCT - look me up on QRZ) and I'd like to relocate them to somewhere that looks a little cleaner. Maybe under the dash or ???

Does anybody have pictures of where you've mounted your radios or other equipment? Looking not to drill any holes to keep the dash in good shape. I know that makes it kind of hard :sorry:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Don't have pics, but when I was in high school I mounted the cb bracket using the 2 lower screws for the ashtray. The only drilling needed was on the cb bracket.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
If you look at my thread in the under construction section, you might be able to see my CB. I mounted mine to the roof of the cab right in the middle between the visors. Back in the day I ran the cable through the vent window gasket out to an antenna mounted on the driver side mirror.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had one mounted in the overhead console in the suburban

OneShot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
If you look at my thread in the under construction section, you might be able to see my CB. I mounted mine to the roof of the cab right in the middle between the visors. Back in the day I ran the cable through the vent window gasket out to an antenna mounted on the driver side mirror.

That's actually a really good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I have the coax run through the firewall and under the truck to an antenna on the toolbox.

OneShot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Don't have pics, but when I was in high school I mounted the cb bracket using the 2 lower screws for the ashtray. The only drilling needed was on the cb bracket.

I think I asked this question in another thread a while ago and you gave me this answer. It sounds familiar. Its' a really good idea as well. I might mount one radio there and another on the ceiling. Or make a bracket for two radios there...

Keep the ideas coming, I really appreciate the help.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I think I asked this question in another thread a while ago and you gave me this answer. It sounds familiar. Its' a really good idea as well. I might mount one radio there and another on the ceiling. Or make a bracket for two radios there...

Keep the ideas coming, I really appreciate the help.

Lol. I remember posting that before, didn't realize it was you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue