Radiator Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isaac nickerson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 L
Alright guys... went to autozone to pick up a duralast radiator for 130 bucks to be used on my sbc 350. I got the old one off opened up the new one and it looks really cheap. Its one of those aluminum ones with plastic side tanks. I'm wondering whether or not I should install it or get the old brass one restored. any thoughts?

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'd get the old one repaired. I had a GM, 1972 Olds 455 radiator repaired last year for $60, no plastic!

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
At least try to get the old one fixed. My period-correct brass unit had to be rebuilt at a local shop; the kind ran by a very old man where the floor has never been cleaned. They ended up putting a new core in it from some place out of Texas after too many runs had to be plugged to stop the leaks.

Cost more than a new brass radiator, but those are all made in India now. Mine is still made and assembled in the USA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128