odd size saddle tank filler neck hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heviarti

Reaction score
First Name
Buck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I have a '79 3/4 ton pickup with dual saddle tanks. The filler neck includes a section of hose about a foot long with a 90° that attaches to the opening on the tank. Some idiot slit the end to get it to come off the tank so they could siphon fuel. I went out to the local junkyard and grabbed another filler neck since Chevy has discontinued the part, and none of the auto stores have anything but straight filler neck hose.

Imagine my disappointment when I got home and found that the size of the hose was not the same on both ends as it was in the donor truck. The tank end is unusually small, like inch and a half or so. It turns out I am not the first one to have this problem either. It appears the previous owner's late husband slid a length of the small stuff onto a metal tube, and slid that into larger diameter hose remaining from a previously damaged filler neck and duct taped and hose clamped the crap out of it.

Now I need another filler neck hose and i can't seem to find any that reduce to fit my tank. Anyone know where to get such a thing?

heviarti

Reaction score
First Name
Buck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Only one of those products looks close, and it is mounted the opposite way. Also, there are obviously several different sizes, and there are no dimensions listed there.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I wouldn't disregard it just because the one sketch they provide to illustrate all the variations doesn't exactly match what was on the truck when you came into possession of it. They list part # 32-3304 as both a driver and passenger side hose for the 79-81 model years. It may be worth a phone call at least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k5inAJ