Newbie from the south

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle67

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
Well then I believe I will be painting mine! The biggest thing I was worried about is with your arm resting on it all the time sweating (in Arizona) that it would eventually start coming off on my or my passengers arms. I guess time will tell. What color did you do yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ole87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
That's also my concern as my AC isn't working so its window down and arm out the window thus resting on the door panel. I did get new arm rests though. They came in yesterday. Also got new velour inserts and I am not crazy about them as they use "3M adhesive strips / velcro" instead of little pegs like the original. Not sure how well that will hold up or how long. The original has about 6 to 8 pegs that stick through the door panel and use a nut type fastener.

The original is "Saddle" and I painted it all black. I held the painted door panels up to the door and it's going to look really good.

Kyle67

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
Yeah the whole 3M deal would worry me too. I know at certain times there's a lot of pressure put on them. I was thinking about painting the panels and then put something across the top where your arm would go that would no only protect the paint but maybe pad it a little as we'll.

Ole87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Got my Fatmat in today and will be putting it on the doors this weekend. After that will be installing all the pieces back onto the door panels and put them back on and will post a few pics after. I will have everything for the doors except for the map pockets or whatever you call them. The pull straps from LMC come in a blue but are paintable so I painted them when I got home today. I should have got those from Brothers as they come in black.

Kyle67

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
I think mine are either much more simple or missing pieces. Haha. Here's a picture from mine and it's very evident that they need some attention.
You must be registered for see images

Kyle67

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
Nice that breaks it down pretty well! Thanks. You're right I believe I'm just missing the padded arm rest piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef