New Member from Fl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Hi everyone, new member just joined. I live in South Fl. I have an 87 Squarebody short bed regular cab 4 X 4, all stock, no lift kit. 350, SM465 4 speed manual. The 350 is from a 73 or 74 Monte Carlo or Chevelle according the block code, running with 87 factory TBI and electronics. Had it since Sept of last year. It's in pretty good shape, not a show vehicle but a good driver that I am proud to take to the local shows. It gets a fair amount of attention. I have been steadily working on it, doing a lot of the work myself. Some of the heavier work- new rear main, clutch, slave cylinder, oil pan, steering box, spring bushings, tie rod ends, dual fuel tank issue I had shops do. It's finally coming along. I am now doing a lot of cosmetic repairs- sanding light rust, painting the undercarriage axles, chassis components, bed liner, etc. Lots and lots of grime removing and clean up in the undercarriage. I spend more time under it than driving it, LOL. I still have a lot to go.

I have had many cars and trucks over the years, always doing most of the work on them. It's a passion of mine. Glad to be here and hope to get some help on some things and also offer to help when I can.

Attachments

• Chevy V10 (1).jpg
    Chevy V10 (1).jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 44

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Welcome from the Motor City, Great looking rig!

It would look even better with some Restored Bed Rails…
and I just happen to have 3 Sets ready to ship ;)
Sorry (not sorry) for the shameless sales technique.
PM if you’re interested
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Welcome from the Motor City, Great looking rig!

It would look even better with some Restored Bed Rails…
and I just happen to have 3 Sets ready to ship ;)
Sorry (not sorry) for the shameless sales technique.
PM if you’re interested
Thanks but I like the current clean look of the truck. I wanted a drop in under the rail bed liner for the truck, could not find one anywhere nobody makes it, discontinued so we sanded the entire bed, primed and did the bed liner paint ourselves. Came out pretty darn good but the bed has a few waves and dents towards the tailgate. It did some heavy hauling before its retirement.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I don't see too many of these trucks around- especially the short bed regular cab 4 X 4's. When I saw it listed on Craigslist locally I had to have it. I know I overpaid but I am taking it to the next level and the value will eventually catch up. My wife and I love working on it- and it's so simple to work on.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Nice truck. I got an 87 4x4 in black. Has the original engine and just now approaching 150,000 miles. My Grandad had one from the 80's in white for the farm. Welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag