low back bucket seats for k5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
looking for some low back bucket seats for my 76 k5. it came with low back seats but somewhere along the line they got replaced with high back seats and am trying to find some low backs to swap back too. condition of the covers doesn't matter I need new upholstery for my original back seat as well.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
bump surely someone has some

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
bump surely someone has some

If you are having the seats reupholstered, you could check with your upholsterer and see if they can shorten the seats.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
If you are having the seats reupholstered, you could check with your upholsterer and see if they can shorten the seats.

I was actually planning on buying the new covers and doing them myself I like doing upholstery. I'll make a post in the interior section and see I wonder what I could cut the foam with.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yesterday I dissected a factory high-back bucket that was in very poor shape. Other than replacing a cover, it looked very near impossible to properly replace the foam. It looks to me that the factory placed the seat frame (complete with springs) into some kind of mold, then injected all the foam around it.

Cutting one down into a low-back seems like a chore to me. Plus a stock cover may not fit, as the low-backs had some type of rear cover panel on them.