Hydroboost Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Pending a few things I've got in the works, I'm looking around for a Hydroboost system for my 73 C10...

The cam I have doesn't lend well to having reliable vacuum for the Vacuum Booster unfortunately. Anyone have one or know where to find one at a decent price? Thanks!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Pending a few things I've got in the works, I'm looking around for a Hydroboost system for my 73 C10...

The cam I have doesn't lend well to having reliable vacuum for the Vacuum Booster unfortunately. Anyone have one or know where to find one at a decent price? Thanks!

I have a complete set up hoses, power steering pump, and hydro off of a early to mid 70's 1 ton. I dont have a clue what it is worth.

If your interested I can get it down to the pinehurst tx area for you to pick up.
Just make me an reasonable offer and its yours.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I don't know either, but for comparison:

I paid $20 for just the booster off Craigslist. After installation I found it was leaking fluid along the push rod into the cab. I still did ok on the deal though because the core was worth $68 at Vatozone towards a reman Cardone unit. That was three years ago so I'm sure prices have changed.

I don't remember exactly, but I spent at least another $100 at the junk yard getting the hoses, correct brake pedal, and return-port-equipped power steering pump. I don't know how you value your time, but it took a few hours to locate and remove what I wanted from several different trucks.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a complete set up hoses, power steering pump, and hydro off of a early to mid 70's 1 ton. I dont have a clue what it is worth.

If your interested I can get it down to the pinehurst tx area for you to pick up.
Just make me an reasonable offer and its yours.

Thanks skysurfer for the comparison... I saw a set up on ebay for $170 but it included the master cylinder which I don't need.

How does $150 sound Luke?

Jeff Dodson

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Where in Houston are you, I have the WHOLE SETUP on my 82 K20, if your Booster setup is in good shape, I might be interested in swapping the systems. Mine was diesel but is now gas.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Where in Houston are you, I have the WHOLE SETUP on my 82 K20, if your Booster setup is in good shape, I might be interested in swapping the systems. Mine was diesel but is now gas.

I'm out in the Katy area, but I've already told oneluckypops that I'd buy his system. I'd consider a trade on your system as well, but I'm pretty sure my vacuum booster, although is in good shape, is also as old as the truck itself. Let me know what you think.

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
damn i miss home. I grew up in texas, and this kind of stuff just does'nt happen in AZ. If I were in Houston, I would either swap with Jeff, or Buy Luke's setup to help facilitate this deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub