Hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
California is great, except for people who can't afford a brand new car, or don't want a brand new car. They want everybody to buy a brand new vehicle because it pollutes less so registration fees, strict smog, not allowing engine swaps, is all to keep older vehicles off the road. That's the one thing I really hate about CA.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Had a chance to poke around on the truck today. It was up at the office early when I showed up. First thing I did was clean it out a little bit. Lots of tree crap and spider webs inside. Then I checked inside the air cleaner. It looked almost new. Fuel smelled good. Well, not good as in a pleasant smell, but good as in not funky.

Tried to hook up a battery to no success. Was hoping to at least get voltage on the gauge - nothing. Will work on it more next week.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Your guage just might not work, have you tried turning the motor over manually at all? I love the smell of gas haha

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Your guage just might not work, have you tried turning the motor over manually at all? I love the smell of gas haha

Nah... electrically nothing happened at all. No fuel pump noise, no clicks, no lights, nothing at all. I don't think I had it connected properly. I have to follow all of the cables to see where they go... maybe they are disconnected on the other end?

Made a quick video - sorry I sound retarded and sniffling a lot I'm sick right now...
http://youtu.be/ZhaM8_Dd-9o

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model