Hello from Nebraska

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevor8186

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 w/ th350
Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to join a square body forum for a while, but kept forgetting. Today is the day lol. I have been around square bodies my whole life, and my first time driving was in a square body. Let's just say i'm obsessed, which isn't a bad thing? Right!?!

Yeah, when I was growing up my old man had a 84 K10, White and Red, Manual Trans. He would take me out in the winter and we'd go plow through snow drifts, also help people get unstuck. We'd go mudding somewhere out of town, and would also pull our boat or camper to the lake. My greatest memories all revolve around that truck.

Well, he had to get rid of it, unfortunately... Probably in order to support me, as my parents had divorced when I was young. So, at 13 I started working, first a paper route, and at 14 I started working at the bar in my small town. I checked Craigslist over and over and over looking for the right pickup, and found a beautiful 86' C10. It had around 130k on a 305. I believe a th400 Trans, I could be wrong though. I ended up driving this truck off and on since then, almost always during High School, though in the winter I drove a 93 Chevy Beretta GTZ, but let's not talk about that ever again, lol.

It's now 2016 and the truck has around 160k miles and it's still running like it's brand new, and i'm not even shitting you. I literally can't believe how smooth it runs. It blows my mind. The only things I have replaced on it are the starter solenoid and maybe the alternator/battery during my basshead stage. I'll post pictures of it soon, the body isn't as good as it once was, but it's still a head turner. Last year I had a custom exhaust thrown on it for my Dad's birthday, man does that 305 freaking purr. It has such a unique sound.

Anyways, there's a little of my past with squares. Now, I finally found the one I have been dreaming of for ages, well close enough for me! About a month ago I traded my 03 Tiburon GT v6 6-speed manual for a 1981 K10. Currently it has a 4 inch body lift and is sitting on 33x12.5 15's. It has a crate engine and trans with roughly 3k on them. Just a little mild cam as far as internals. Running a Weiand Warrior Intake with a Holley 600cfm. The body isn't in the best condition, but there are no dents. Just rust. The previous owner attempted to do some body work, but it really didn't come out too well. In a couple weeks I'll be looking for replacement panels for the whole truck, and if all works out as planned I will have it at least in primer by winter. It runs well, has a very obnoxious trans leak, just a pinched and cracked line, so i'll have to run some new lines... Currently has no mufflers, as they just fell off on me a couple weeks ago lmfao. But ****, it has character. And It doesn't sound horrible with no exhaust. Will get custom exhaust too shortly. Planning on upgrading the tires to 35's too.

Anyways, this concludes my introduction for now. I will include pictures shortly of both my pickup and my dads. If you made it through my whole introduction, hopefully it was worth the read.

Thanks, and I hope to get to know some of you guys soon! I know we all share the same passion.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

Ain't nuthin wrong with a Beretta GTZ either :cheers:

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard

brewster21

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hah, I thought the switch from a Hyundai Tiburon to a k10 was funny, they are like complete oposites

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Trevor8186

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 w/ th350
Thank you everyone!

Lol right? I got the tiburon because I was looking for fuel economy, and hell a 6 speed manual? I couldn't pass it up. Traded a 92 F-150 for it I had for a winter, lol. I satisfied my go fast need, hit 150mph on a road trip to Arkansas. Now i'll have a little one in a few weeks so I need to tone it down a bit.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB, so you've been around some squares.

Trevor8186

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 w/ th350
There are so many square bodies around where I live it is ridiculous. On facebook we have 2,000 members in the heartland area. Not including people who don't use FB or haven't joined the page. A lot are in fantastic shape as well. Anything from Blazers to Crew cabs, crew cab duallys, and everything in between. Hopefully we will have a meet soon. A lot will be at the mud bogs in Iowa this weekend.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Don't be afraid to promote gmsquarebody.com on the FB page for more detailed info and help than can be provided on FB. We do allow links to here to be posted on FB. Also, there is books and wiring diagrams in the Squarebody Library category but only members get access to that.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome man! Your C10 looks like my trucks little brother. I have the K10 same color two tone and a SM465. My truck has sat for the past 8 or so yrs and Im the second owner.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Nice trucks for sure.

Trevor8186

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 w/ th350
Welcome man! Your C10 looks like my trucks little brother. I have the K10 same color two tone and a SM465. My truck has sat for the past 8 or so yrs and Im the second owner.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Nice trucks for sure.

That's awesome! I honestly thought about painting the '81 like the '86, but the old man might want to go a different route when he retires. So i'll stick with the blue metallic I found most likely. And I appreciate the complements. My '81 isn't much of a looker, but she's getting there!

New tires we're put on a couple days ago! Don't mind my buddies mini van lol. I switched his Dodge stealth rims over to the van, doesn't it look hilarious? Hopefully that will be out of my driveway soon, along with the stealth.

Attachments

• P_20160408_181223_HDR.jpg
    P_20160408_181223_HDR.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 94

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500