Grill and Light swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
I have an 83 k10, but a previous owner swapped the original grill and lights over to a suburban grill and lights.
It looks good during the day, but at night if i have the lights on the way they are looks bad, i really dont like it.
How hard (and costly) would be changing it back to the stock look?
Where would i get the grill and the lights, and would there be any changes id have to make it get it to go on?

Also, if i go back to stock lights, would it be safe to use HID bulbs for my high and low beams? The headlight wires go into the isolation module on my truck, which also has wiring for the plow lighting. Would HIDs work fine with this?

Thanks!

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Did he change complete radiator support or just the lights? Radiator support can be a big job but can be done in a day. LMC can supply most of what you need. I would scour the local " Pick and Scrounge " and or Craigs list. Can you post pics of what you got?

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
HID if you go back stock you are going back to sealed beams. now if you go with factory look and get halogen bulb assemblies you. probably only need to do high beams or risk getting ticketed for your lights blinding people. HID bulbs emit up 10x intensity and they are not made really for halogen reflectors assemblies. it basically creates a flood light instead of a beam so to speak. so if you went to projector low beam assemblies you would be alright. projectors concentrate the light more to a beam. projectors were originally designed for HID applications. and there isnt any HID retro fit kits out there that are DOT approved and if they say they are they are lying and that is highly illegal. so my advice is dont do it with out the right headlight assemblies. not only for the law but for the poor driver you meet on a two lane and cant see anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005