fuel gauge not working right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
So my 87 k5 the fuel gauge I replaced swapped with my buddys 84 k10 fuel gauge and still it's doing same thing it reads at one spot them u hit or tap on the gauge or on the dash it will move and read something different if tap it again. It will ethier go way up or down read ethier above 1/2 tank or below idk if I should buy a new curcit board and buy little the metal plug ins and new fuel gauge or a bad ground wire or bad sending unit idk I need help if it's ground wire were is the ground wire located to ground the gauges idk if the ground is in the curcit bord it's self or what idk I need help just want my fuel gauge to read right !

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Check the ground for the tank & sending unit first. Just crawl under there and look for a wire from top of tank to the frame.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
I did cleaned it still nothing is changing I put about 15 gallons in it it's a 31 gallon tank so it's should be reading 1/2 tank it's reading way over 1/2 tank so idk what do now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90_burb