Front and Rear of driveshaft question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effnay

Reaction score
First Name
brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2wd
Engine Size
Hello all.

I made kinda rookie mistake when restoring my driveshaft. When I pressed the yoke and u-joint out before painting it I failed to mark which end the trans yoke goes on and which end the u-joint for the rear goes. By the way, its a 84 c10 2wd Longbed.
I took some measurements from where center of u-joint to where the driveshaft starts to bulge out. It 6-1/2" on both ends, give or take. I'm kinda under the assumption that it does not matter where the yoke or u-joint goes being they are the same distance, but figured I'd see what you guys thought.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Not sure about the C10 driveshaft, but the K20 driveshafts have different sized U-joints on the front and rear of the shaft. A long bed C10 should have a two-piece shaft with a center support, right?

effnay

Reaction score
First Name
brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2wd
Engine Size
Not really sure about the c10's having a center bearing, seems like I read about certain years having them,but mine does not. I have a 84. Guess I failed to mention that both ends are the same size, so u-joint or slip yoke will fit on either end. I would like to think it doesn't matter but figured it can't hurt to ask here before pressing parts on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128