Flaky CL MF ‘ers….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Totally off topic, but whatd your caprice look like, and how much you sell it for?

I also have a 95 caprice 9c1

I think I sold it for $2200. But this was at least five years ago, well before covidflation pricing. There was a lot of rust, it needed a new exhaust, and the air conditioning didn't work. Awesome car though. It had a lot of Impala SS bits........

You must be registered for see images attach

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I think I sold it for $2200. But this was at least five years ago, well before covidflation pricing. There was a lot of rust, it needed a new exhaust, and the air conditioning didn't work. Awesome car though. It had a lot of Impala SS bits........

Oh wow, that's cool. I love the color. Nice car man.
That's not bad. Got mine for $400 a few months ago.
Here's mine...

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Oh wow, that's cool. I love the color. Nice car man.
That's not bad. Got mine for $400 a few months ago.
Here's mine...
That thing just needs a spotlight on the A pillar and some gumballs. You could do whatever the f you wanted then!

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
That thing just needs a spotlight on the A pillar and some gumballs. You could do whatever the f you wanted then!
Haha. I would love to have the spotlight.
I do have red and blues and a siren though...

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
One of the worst things on Facebook Marketplace is the "Is This Available?" preset.
Half of the listings I see now for trucks will say "If you ask is it is still available I will not respond!"

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here is my CL story, and it is all true. No names or details have been changed to protect anyone.

I live out in the country.
I list a Chevy C10 for sale, late model for $11,500. Good clean truck and below blue book.

Guy texts me on a Sunday and wants to come look at it Monday at 5pm. Fine, I give him my address.
He is a no show. I text him. No response. Ok, whatever.
Thursday he texts me again and says he wants to come look at it tomorrow, Friday, at 5pm.
Ok. I'll be here.
He is a no show. Again. I text him. No response.
No call to cancel, no apology, whatever.
This was a few years ago and the market around me was a little slow.
Two weeks go by and I drop the price to 10k.

The next day this same guy texts me again and says he is sorry for standing me up. He is a police cadet and couldn't get away from training in time. At this point I could care less what he had to say. He wants to come look at the truck tonight at 5pm and he promises to be there. Ok, if you do you do and if you don't you don't.
He shows up. He looks the truck over and takes it for a test drive. He comes back and says he wants the truck but he can't take it with him tonight.
We walk into my garage and I grab a bill of sale to write up.
"What that?" he asks me.
"It is a bill of sale between you and me for the truck." I replied.
"I'm not signing that" he says.
"Ok.....well you are going to need to put some money down to hold it."
"I'm not doing that either" he says.
No explanation, no excuses, just wasn't doing any of it. He'll pay for it when he comes back to pick it up was all he would say.
I told him to call me before he comes back in case it is sold and went into the house. I was mad at allowing the guy to waste my time.

The guy pulls out of the drive and leaves. I tell my wife the story and then go back outside to put the truck back into the barn. As I am getting into the truck the guy pulls back into the drive and just sits in his car. I put the truck in the barn and walk over to his driver side window. He rolls the window down and is now wearing his cop sunglasses.

"Whats up?"
"I just got off the phone with my girlfriend" he tells me, "She was looking at your ad for the truck and says you are listing it for $1500 less than you told me?" He is using a tone I recognized from law enforcement.
"What is that all about, huh?"
Crap! I had forgotten that he was looking at the truck when it was $11,500. I didn't tell him I had marked it down to 10K. Now I'm standing there looking like a crooked idiot. I apologized and told him the truth. I forgot.
"Um Hmmm" he says, with that tone. He leaves and I go back into the house, feeling like I got caught trying to scam the guy, and then angry that it wasn't my fault, if the guy had just shown up like he was supposed to.

So to shorten a long story, 3 days later an out of state bank calls me. The loan officer has the guy in her office. She wants a copy of the title, the VIN, a bill of sale, and my information so she can process the loan for the truck. Of course, the approval will depend on whether the truck appraises for fair loan value.
She should know if the loan is approved sometime in the next 7-10 days.

I hung up the phone.
The end.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have to have prescription glasses,near sighted ,can't read without them but If doing stuff around the house,I rarely wear them. When I used to do craigslist I'd put in my ads No Texts I can't read them I still would get clowns texting me. One day I got a text ,I I got my glasses ,typed back random letters and numbers,got back a What? I typed back jibberish,he typed,you don't know how to text. I typed back that was what your text looked like. I said No Texts! He called me and told me I was an A hole. Anyway No sale.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I was selling my motor home on CL for $3800. A lady and her husband came to look at it. The wife did the talking, she asked if I would take $3500 and i said yes. Then she asks me if I will buy them 4 new tires for the back of the motor home, that didn't sit well with me. Then she says "we have bee looking for two years to find a motor home like this for the right price, this is perfect. She wanted to put a deposit on it to hold it. I wouldn't take the deposit and called her back after they left and told her I decided not to sell it, she hounded me for a month before she gave up. I sold it a month later for $4200.

I was pissed because she admitted that they had been looking for a long time and then when they found what they were looking for at the perfect price "she" had to negotiate and ask for way too much, so I denied her.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
One of the worst things on Facebook Marketplace is the "Is This Available?" preset.
Half of the listings I see now for trucks will say "If you ask is it is still available I will not respond!"
I put in big letters at the bottom of my CL add "if you can see the add, it means it's for sale. If you can't see the add it means it has sold." If they still ask, I know they either won't read or are stupid and I'm not responding to them.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My wife is one who always tries to make a deal. If the prics is fair and its something I want, I don't hagg!e. she gets mad at me, but I figure I'm happy with tne price and the seller is happy, so that's all that counts.

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
My wife is one who always tries to make a deal. If the prics is fair and its something I want, I don't hagg!e. she gets mad at me, but I figure I'm happy with tne price and the seller is happy, so that's all that counts.
I do that my junkyard buddies. They give me a price, 9 times outta 10, I'll say sounds good and whip out the cash done.
Sometimes ill asked if he'll do a package deal if i buy a bunch, or sometimes ill just throw out a number before he says his. Like if im pretty sure hes gonna say $60, but hast said it yet, i jump in and say ""how bout $50?", and hell say "okay, sure"

The resect that i dont haggle em. I think i get a better price more often becase of it.
A friend of mine will always wheel and deel and haggle to chew em down to get it like 5 bucks cheaper, but then the price they give him is always higher.
He had asked about a SBC 350 and my buddy at the junkyard there told him $250, i asked the same engine the next day and he told me $150. Buddy ended up chewing hin down to $200 and was all proud thinking he got a great deal, i just shook my head..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike