First gen 6.5L Turbo Diesel Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpuller6.5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500 3+3 Long Box Dually
Engine Size
6.5 Turbo Diesel/SM465/D70
Anybody have some recommendations?

My truck smokes when you start it up cold, misses a tiny bit too, kinda embarrassing IMO. :lol:

The smoke smells of diesel, not oil, I had thought it may be leaky valve stems seals, but the smell tells me NO.

I`d like to replace them, but being the guy I am I like to go up instead of straight? I(dunno if that makes sense,lol)

Just thinking and/or wondering if anyone has experience getting modified injectors for their diesel 6.5.

Now I know the 6.2 and 6.5w don`t respond well to power modifications, but I`m thinking 25hp might be safe? Does anybody have any info on good brands or kits available for my ole 6.5?

I`ve been searching all over the internet and there are a lot available, but kinda want some guidance before I pull the trigger, been spending much more Money then I wlately.

Thanks,

Clancy

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Anybody have some recommendations?

My truck smokes when you start it up cold, misses a tiny bit too, kinda embarrassing IMO. :lol:

The smoke smells of diesel, not oil, I had thought it may be leaky valve stems seals, but the smell tells me NO.

I`d like to replace them, but being the guy I am I like to go up instead of straight? I(dunno if that makes sense,lol)

Just thinking and/or wondering if anyone has experience getting modified injectors for their diesel 6.5.

Now I know the 6.2 and 6.5w don`t respond well to power modifications, but I`m thinking 25hp might be safe? Does anybody have any info on good brands or kits available for my ole 6.5?

I`ve been searching all over the internet and there are a lot available, but kinda want some guidance before I pull the trigger, been spending much more Money then I wlately.

Thanks,

Clancy

I would d suggest talking to the folks at 6-5liter.com (Bostic Motors)they know their shtuff.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Don't know much about performance injectors for the 6.2/6.5 but I got a set rebuilt from a guy on eBay. They're great so far.

I do remember the guys on a diesel forum I'm on talking about marine injectors of some sort that were bigger. I'll see what I can dig up.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Stumpuller6.5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500 3+3 Long Box Dually
Engine Size
6.5 Turbo Diesel/SM465/D70
Don't know much about performance injectors for the 6.2/6.5 but I got a set rebuilt from a guy on eBay. They're great so far.

I do remember the guys on a diesel forum I'm on talking about marine injectors of some sort that were bigger. I'll see what I can dig up.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

:big_banana_Dance:

:)

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Not much in the performance realm for the 6.5 that is worth the money. The biggest thing you may be able to do is rais the boost a little, but I personally would O ring the heads and install the O ring gaskets, and head studs if they are not already there.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok, I found it. The general consensus was that it's best to just get quality rebuilt injectors with BOSCH nozzles.

"Stock injectors will flow double the fuel they are fed with no issues.

The control is all in the IP.

The "HO" injectors myth, is just that. A myth.

If the injectors did control fuel flow then putting 6.5 injectors in a 6.2 would cause massive amounts of black smoke and high EGTs, as the 6.5 ran more fuel than the 6.2s did.

I did exactly that, swapped 6.5 injectors for 6.2 injectors and there was no difference in power or smoke.

Injectors never have, and never will control the fuel flow. "

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Bosch injectors got a bad rep there for a while but I think as long as you dont get old stock you should be GTG :waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising