Finally working on the stepside / Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I am SURE my '78 didn't have the hook, I would have remembered that. (right?? LOL) maybe it might just be good to keep your existing grill, if it is black it should still look great
Im going to swap the nose from dads 73 providing theyll come off. That way ill have a little sentimental on my truck too with the grille i like. But of course im gunna keep my parts if i swap back.

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
Oh there you go, now THAT will work hah! Retreat Hell!

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
You might try (Or even when you do the swap) to paint the grill like I t did on my '78 I think the trick that I found that makes it pop is to pull off the metal strips in the middle of the grill and then put them back after it is painted, the contrast is awesome. Of course, nothing beats a 73/74 grill....

I have a set of bumper guards I want to put on mine but can't get to the bumper bolts and I started working back on campers again so I hope to get them on in the next month or so by pulling the bumper off by the frame brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854