Filler neck wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
So I need a filler neck for my truck, used is just fine, some rust is ok as long as it isn't to bad I can clean it up. This is for the passenger side, but I think they might but be the same.

So my truck has a dump kit on the factory box and I added the second tank which is the passenger side tank. So with the dump kit the stock filler gets turned so it goes in the rear fender area and extends upward in there instead of to the factory fill point. At the time I added the second tank, I could not come up with a filler neck so I bought a generic short straight filler neck. The problem with this is #1 filler neck is straight on with the tank so when full if parked nose up at all there is gas up against the cap. #2, It happens to be where one of the braces is for the box so that touches the cap and over time causes them to leak. I just had my third cap in 3 or so years since I added the tank to the truck start to leak.

So if someone has one of these laying around new or used let me know. Thanks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
For which size filler hose? Iirc, the small hose type only came with the "two tab" mounting. The larger hose type was made with two tab mounting or the later style flange mount for use with the plastic housing.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've got these ones somewhere, and a couple others too I believe.

You must be registered for see images attach

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I think I might still have mine. I'll check the garage tonight.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
So I need a filler neck for my truck, used is just fine, some rust is ok as long as it isn't to bad I can clean it up. This is for the passenger side, but I think they might but be the same.

So my truck has a dump kit on the factory box and I added the second tank which is the passenger side tank. So with the dump kit the stock filler gets turned so it goes in the rear fender area and extends upward in there instead of to the factory fill point. At the time I added the second tank, I could not come up with a filler neck so I bought a generic short straight filler neck. The problem with this is #1 filler neck is straight on with the tank so when full if parked nose up at all there is gas up against the cap. #2, It happens to be where one of the braces is for the box so that touches the cap and over time causes them to leak. I just had my third cap in 3 or so years since I added the tank to the truck start to leak.

So if someone has one of these laying around new or used let me know. Thanks.
I have the same selection as Bucket, laying around here, but I have access to a wide variety at the junkyard if you can think of a Non-Squarebody that would fit better.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey guys @bucket @Soundmound @AyWoSch Motors

First of all thank you all, I wasn't sure if this would be something folks have laying around or not. To answer Ayden's question, the one on the drivers side is perfect and fits up in the fender in such a way that you can still fill it with the bed closed like if it's loaded, so a square body one would be preferred.

If it has hoses on it that are still usable that would be really great too. I didn't think of that but my filler hose is just a short generic one so I'll need to replace that as well.

It only seems fair that I contact you guys in order from first response first to discuss. Again thank you very much guys.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Oh I forgot to answer @bucket question about the filler size. I'm not really sure if the truck has a large or small neck on the other side, but I can tell you they are both 20 gallon tanks, the inlet to the RH tank is 1 3/4" and it's an 84. If they are interchangeable then I don't care.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@bucket @Soundmound @AyWoSch Motors I just kind of want to close up this thread. So I ended up with Dave's filler neck mostly because he happened to be coming over to the shop anyway to pick up his truck. And I thought you guys might be interested to see what I did with it.

First a recap. Truck has dump kit on factory box that PO installed. Originally was single tank truck LH tank. I installed a RH tank, I no longer remember why but I could not find a filler neck at the time or didn't want to pay for a new one so I used a cheapy universal with cheap universal short fill hose. It sucked. I could fill the DS tank with the bed down, but had to raise the bed to fill the RH tank.

Below the DS tank with the original install, that's a factory hose turned and kind of forced to fit in that position but it is installed the way the kit manufacture recommends.

Below, my universal crap on the PS tank.

Below, simple one bend 5 holes and rattle can paint job made the bracket. Dave's neck included hoses and if I'd of been installing them into the factory fill point I would have used them, but they were to stiff to flex into the position so I used universal fill hoses and just cut it to the needed length.

Below bed closed, yup it's right where it should be!

Thanks Dave for the filler neck and thanks Andy and Ayden for the offers!