Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jray8

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I have lighting issues! My dome light does not work. When my headlights are on the interior right hand turn signal light stays lit. The hazzard lights work until the headlights are on. Then the front hazards flash back and forth like a school bus while the rear work normally. The side markers don't light. All the lights are dim and the flashers are slow.
And that's why I don't drive my truck at night. Lol. Any ideas where I should start?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Sounds like you have grounding issues.

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Check the front turn signal bulbs to verify someone hasn't put a single filament bulb in by mistake. The rear lights are separated from the fronts, they get juice thru the turn signal switch. Clean up ALL the ground points. I know this is a dumb question, but are the bulbs good in the side marker lights? I would check for voltage at the side marker plugs also. Sometimes the contacts get bent and don't make a connection to the bulbs. My rears use to work when they wanted to, and when I say work, didn't mean that they worked correctly....sometimes both rear would flash with just one flasher on. brake lights were dim and hit or miss. Cleaned up all the grounds on the truck front to rear, and they work like a champ now. I used a grinder and a dremel to clean everything up. And then shot the tightened up connections over with some black paint to keep the exposed metal from rusting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486