Dual fuel gas/pane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Any of you guys/ladies run dual fuel, I've ran pane on my yota's. But thought about duel fuel for the k10. Gas for cruising around on the road and pane for trail. Just not to many places around here to have the tanks filled to go full pane on the street.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Kind of.

A year ago i bought a wrecked 86 c10 that was identical to the 86 I drive. I needed the 350 in it for an engine swap I was doing to ditch the underpowered 4.3 that I had in mine.

I noticed that it had been set up for propane, but now is running gas only and is running well.

Other than saying it is do-able, I have no other helpful info. Good luck.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dual tanks are pretty easy, I have them. But I'm not sure how you would use the switching valve between gas and propane. Isn't propane under a higher pressure, because the switching valve is rated for 65lb of pressure I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Last time I ran pane I wasn't using forktruck kits. I used a gotpropane kit for a 22r.

Then again my 350 doesn't have a whole lot of sensors and useless junk since it's carb. Just to keep it from cutting out on hill, the only carb I've found . Is the holly truck avenger but that's $700-900. with pane I could eliminate that all together and get rid of the forever cranking on cold mornings.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I know they make a dual fuel kit. I've had a few trucks that were dual fuel over the years. Shame propane isn't easier for most of us to get, It's defanatly the way to go anymore. I've seen a few of the dual fuel kits on ebay, and one company on there sells kits for everything you can imagine. there used to be a truck dealer in a small town not to far from me that delt in used propane company fleet trucks. I've bought several trucks off him but last time I was by there his lot was bare. Shame because for $1k or less usually bought a nice truck there

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'd love for my k10 to run like the ups trucks.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Some of the kits for new vehicles are very slick. Will start the engine on gasoline and then switch over to gaseous fuel. Will also automatically switch back to gasoline when the gaseous fuel runs out. Not sure of the cost though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69