door lock help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Hello everone new to the forum world and not sure anyone will even see this message.

i want to shave my door locks not my handles! my concern is what do i do if my keyless entry doesn't work? has anyone does this and what heave you done to solve that problem. new to the shaving thing so i have no clue how any of it works i know there are poppers out there but its not opening the door i am worried about its unlocking if the battery dies or the key pad stops working

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Most of the time people shave both the door handles and locks. There are shave kits that use a backup manual pull cable to pop the latch if needed. The lock mech of the latch is disabled thus taking the key/door lock part out of the equation. You just hook the cable to the inside door pull and pop the latch.

If you are doing just the locks then you will need to modify or build a backup cable pull.

You can build one using a manual choke cable or a brake cable from a bicycle. Just mount it where the power lock solenoid connects to the latch so when you pull the cable it pulls the lock part of the latch. Route the cable out the door where the power window/lock wires exit. Get it into the cab and then go thru the firewall into the engine compartment. You could also run the cable straight down behind the kick panel and out the floor board of the truck. The worst part is getting the cable out the door into the cab and routing the complete setup where there is no binds or kinks in the cable.

Just look how the lock mech works on the latch and figure out the best way to route and secure the cable.

It's work but when you need it you will be glad you did the work.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Thank man I'm gonna try that been reading alot about the cables seems like getting it to not bind up can be an issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody