Deciding which wheels to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k10mojo

Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Hi all, I have a 91 4wd Suburban and I'm going to install a 4 inch suspension lift on it in the next few weeks, so first I need to buy new wheels and tires, I want a 35x12. 50x17 on it, how do I figure out the proper back spacing and off set to buy the correct wheels? Any help is appreciated!

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
4.5 inch back spacing is standard on the standard wheel and if you maintain that you should not have any problems so long as you trim the bottom of your front fenders some, otherwise with a wheel that is wider than 8 inches and less backspacing the wheel will tend to hit stuff on the inside of the axle.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
1" Zero-rate blocks from ORD and they allow you to move your axle forward an inch. Your tires will still hit the rear corner of the fender if you twist it up.
Even with 33s...
But not everyone takes their truck that far so depends how you drive ultimately.

Consider shackle flip perches for the rear springs... and a zero-rate to move the axle back a bit. Yup, zero rates up front moving axle forward and zeros in back to move the axle rearward.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Good advice on the shackle flip. I meant to add that but forgot. I'm at the point where I am about to purchase some for mine but I am thinking I want to just use the ORD brand and only go 2.5 inches. I'm not wanting to have to drag myself up and in too much but I plan on putting a rock slide out of plate steel so when I do I might end up putting a hoop that runs in between the wheel wells

k10mojo

Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Wow, some great knowledge and some stuff I didn't even think about. Thanks everybody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx