Cooper AT's on 1 ton Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mainewill

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
85 86 68
Truck Model
C20 K30 C10
Engine Size
Has anyone run Coopers on a one ton Dually ? I'm looking at the Discoverer AT's and the adventurer AT's from Pop Boys. Super cheap at Pop Boys but there is some talk of "light truck" and "half ton". My truck is technically a 1.75 ton. Dana 70 rear. I generally just use it around town, short highway trips, dump runs but I do occasionally tow a heavy lobster boat and haul 1.5 tons of gravel. Will prob plow a bit this Winter.

Thanx in advance.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bought Cooper AT-3 to put on my C20, and my "tire guy" wouldn't mount em on my 8 lug wheels.
He said the tire was for Jeeps and **** like that. He couldn't have his store liable....all I had to do was overload em.....whatever tire guy, you're fired.
That truck will NEVER see any load, unless I bust beads from haulin too much ass! Everybody knows that **** starts breakin once it hooks!

So I got a new tire guy.

I was eyeballin some "red letter"Grabbers last night. Seen those?

Last edited:

mainewill

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
85 86 68
Truck Model
C20 K30 C10
Engine Size
Thanx, I saw the General Grabbers. Lots of "mixed" reviews. So did you mount the Coopers somewhere else ? If so how were they ? I have a great tire shop here who will do $16 a wheel. But I tow and will be plowing. The coopers are E rated 10 ply. Sounds heavy duty to me.

Thoughts...

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Coopers are known for cupping with heavyier vehicals gotta rotate every oil change not a fan of em i worked at a tire shop they were great on jeeps and blazers just nothin more than an s10

mainewill

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
85 86 68
Truck Model
C20 K30 C10
Engine Size
Sounds like you'd be a good person to ask then Andrew.... what do you like for a dually. 235 / 85 / 16. 4X4 truck, will run a 9ft Fisher and tow a boat. Looking for a good AT type tire. The truck is technically a 1.75 ton. Dana 70. like a ft of leaves under it.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yes, I mounted them elsewhere and put them on a truck that doesn't run yet. I'm no other help than that true story for reference. My tires are definitely NOT 10 ply.
I'd look at something else I reckon. The Grabbers sure look cool but they also look lighter duty. I bought the Coopers because I ran across a good deal, they weren't my first choice but they look cool.

I've always liked Kelly SAFARIs (great experience) but I'd look pretty hard at a TRANSFORCE AT as well and I don't like Firestone, but I think that's probably a good tire..and I think either or those is available in a 10 ply.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69