Cassette Deck Seems to have no power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I think I may have asked this question before but I figure I'll ask again since I'm still having issues. I have this radio:

You must be registered for see images attach

The cassette deck does not seem to be getting any power - as in it does absolutely nothing when I push in a tape or when I press one of the buttons. No lights, no nothing. Am I not "selecting the source" correctly or am I missing something else? Is there a separate power source for it or something? I'm pulling my hair out on this one guys...

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Whats a cassette... they do make new radios that look like old ones if your trying to keep it original. so no radio either or just tape dosent wrk. have no idea maybe the little motor that pulls tape in is bad or loose wires.... pull it apart and look inside see what it is supposed to do and why its not..sorry for not really helping.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
The FM radio is OK I guess, it cuts out different channels frequently and sounds pretty crappy overall. The equalizer is having problems I think. Honestly it would appear that this radio has just had it, maybe I should just look into a new one?

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
If I remember correctly there is a switch inside the tape deck unit which is depressed when the tape is inserted. This will cause the cassette motor to run and spin the tape. Most of those old tape decks were belt driven and over time the belt disintegrates and causes the no movement of the tape. Time to replace the old girl or send it off to a re-builder and have it upgraded with new parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody