Cadillac CTS seats in an 89 v1500 Burb!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubDominant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7L
Hey Sub... I got my CTS seats out of a pick n pull last week; and actually got a 3rd from a separate yard for spare parts and some parts for the rails that I could not get out of the original car. After some serious googling and YouTubing I got both test wired up to my cordless drill batteries. Passenger seat is EASY. 2 wire; red/white (or orange depending on year) and black for ground. That’s it; all fully functional.

As for the driver only SLIGHTLY more complicated. Same as above; Red/white + ground and then also you need to power / ground the switch to control the motors. On mine (2010 CTS) it was a smaller 16 Ga red/white wire and also a ground. That was it. All functions work and work smoothly. Message me if you have questions. The additional wires are to give the switches simulated power coming from the memory module (which we won’t have). You can wire this all up in about an hour tops I would imagine.

Additionally; my seats adjust full motion (up and down included). I was able to adjust them full down in the testing and based on measurements will actually mount LOWER than the stock buckets. That is a huge relief because I was concerned with them being too high thanks to the suburban floor hump. Grand total; $130 for 3 seats and a couple hours time. These new run $1000. Win for us.

Now on to the brackets for me.

Photo of the driver seat I pulled when it was still in the car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!! I'll be using this when I get to tackling the wiring. I actually got the second row in out of a 2001 Yukon. Real easy install but requires lots of measuring and cutting of seat brackets to get right. Now I gotta finish my head gasket job...

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Sweet!! I'll be using this when I get to tackling the wiring. I actually got the second row in out of a 2001 Yukon. Real easy install but requires lots of measuring and cutting of seat brackets to get right. Now I gotta finish my head gasket job...
I understand. I have been. Heads down working on my interior for what feels like months now. All my trim inside has been redone. Door panels are redone. Center console. Seats now. Headliner. It’s been a long. Mechanicals are the best big project. I need to get my AC up and running before spring and then it will be on to exhaust mods / headers.

Like I said; HMU if you have questions. It was really pretty easy.

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Dumb question, I'm sure, but will these seats work in a K5 Blazer too?

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Dumb question, I'm sure, but will these seats work in a K5 Blazer too?
Do you have the same “hump” in the floor or flat floor like the pickups?

just_some_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Barclay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Siverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Do you have the same “hump” in the floor or flat floor like the pickups?

Yes. Mine has the Humpty Hump. I was thinking about just getting some Mexican blanket seat covers but if I can find some black leather Caddy seats that might be a better option.

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Yes. Mine has the Humpty Hump. I was thinking about just getting some Mexican blanket seat covers but if I can find some black leather Caddy seats that might be a better option.

[emoji23][emoji23]. Amazing. So yes; these will work with you and you are in luck; the 08-13 Caddy’s had a black leather interior option. Lucky for me the light grey is a spot on match for my new headliner so my setup will tie together nicely.

The rails on these seats are flat (once you dispose of the riveted front hooks and rear brackets. That will allow you to mate them up to the floor pretty easily using some sort of “version” of the stock brackets if you want. That is the route I am going to keep them bolted down with the stock hardware in the stock mounting points so I don’t become a missile if I hit something.

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hey Sub... I got my CTS seats out of a pick n pull last week; and actually got a 3rd from a separate yard for spare parts and some parts for the rails that I could not get out of the original car. After some serious googling and YouTubing I got both test wired up to my cordless drill batteries. Passenger seat is EASY. 2 wire; red/white (or orange depending on year) and black for ground. That’s it; all fully functional.

As for the driver only SLIGHTLY more complicated. Same as above; Red/white + ground and then also you need to power / ground the switch to control the motors. On mine (2010 CTS) it was a smaller 16 Ga red/white wire and also a ground. That was it. All functions work and work smoothly. Message me if you have questions. The additional wires are to give the switches simulated power coming from the memory module (which we won’t have). You can wire this all up in about an hour tops I would imagine.

Additionally; my seats adjust full motion (up and down included). I was able to adjust them full down in the testing and based on measurements will actually mount LOWER than the stock buckets. That is a huge relief because I was concerned with them being too high thanks to the suburban floor hump. Grand total; $130 for 3 seats and a couple hours time. These new run $1000. Win for us.

Now on to the brackets for me.

Photo of the driver seat I pulled when it was still in the car.

After a whole lot of distractions I finally forced myself to pull my passenger seat and get to work on the frames. Here is the design I went with. It utilizes the stock mounting holes and hardware. 1/8 steel front to back and 3/16 for those wide side to side pieces. They are actually holding the weight of the chair and human so I went beefy. All 10.9 bolts, nuts and fender washers. Once I am done fitting and cutting I am going to temper all the metal and paint it black. The seats are going to look smooth. I highly highly recommend this upgrade! Let me know if anyone has questions. This was really easy. Just some $$, some geometry and metal bending.

SubDominant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7L
After a whole lot of distractions I finally forced myself to pull my passenger seat and get to work on the frames. Here is the design I went with. It utilizes the stock mounting holes and hardware. 1/8 steel front to back and 3/16 for those wide side to side pieces. They are actually holding the weight of the chair and human so I went beefy. All 10.9 bolts, nuts and fender washers. Once I am done fitting and cutting I am going to temper all the metal and paint it black. The seats are going to look smooth. I highly highly recommend this upgrade! Let me know if anyone has questions. This was really easy. Just some $$, some geometry and metal bending.

Great to see you making progress! Not only do those seats look great in your truck, they are comfy!!

Brian Bonehill

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Great to see you making progress! Not only do those seats look great in your truck, they are comfy!!

Made some more progress. Drivers side was definitely perfecting the lessons learned in the passenger. So happy to be at the finish line on this to move on to the next. I lucked out that the headliner matched the leather perfectly.

SubDominant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7L

Made some more progress. Drivers side was definitely perfecting the lessons learned in the passenger. So happy to be at the finish line on this to move on to the next. I lucked out that the headliner matched the leather perfectly.

Nice! Have you had a chance to drive around in them?

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lookin’ good,thanks for the write up and pics.

Bill Miller

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-15 Grande Sierra
Engine Size

I like the look. Curious about the console. I've thought of doing that in my truck. How does it lool at the dash end? How did you finish it out? Thanks!

Mach5

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size

BB, found your thread - just wanted to thank you for all the great pictures and notes. I'm planning a similar upgrade for my '90 K5, only I plan on using the version of the seats that have the seat belt integrated into the seat, likely from an SRX.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
BB, found your thread - just wanted to thank you for all the great pictures and notes. I'm planning a similar upgrade for my '90 K5, only I plan on using the version of the seats that have the seat belt integrated into the seat, likely from an SRX.
Buick park avenue and lesabres had the thing you seek you just have to do something to change the mounting because its not like these older gms but its 2 bolts on the rear and the front is supposed to hook into the floor. You would have to chop it to weld or fit it to some made brackets but you could get the right angle and not mess with the seats forward/back /lift/tilt/ headrest (some are electric) the back support thing that pushed out, forgot the name. The seatbelt height changes with the headrest. The seats can be found mostly as split bench setups but you can get buckets.. rarer. the console would be odd in truck may work. Seats are not super bolstered to the sides but they are comfortable and leather with lesabre and early PA having cloth. not many color options, tan grey blue red other tan. other grey. brighter grey/white ish.
THe early lesabre also has manual control seats too. The side impact air bag seats prob cost more but not all cars had them just most lesabre and 2002+ pa.

The designs are fine , seats are wider than above picturesd seat becaue of the thing i mentioned.

also heated grids are common but they are usually broke in used well driver seats. wires yank out.

The split bench has a power port by the driver right knee for some reason as well

The seats are also kinda complex but the covers are ultimately able to be taken off and done or changed or freshed up.

example of buckets but ignore the driver seat condition it was harshly abused by PO being very very large and lots use. the passenger is nearly perfect just age/sun and no product to keep the surface from cracks.
Basic pockets on back.

THe rails are a little long but they move far, im sure this could be adjusted if need. seat when low sits low, wouldnt be hard to fit in a square like how later truck seats sit high. those sit much higher(these also do lift high with controls)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84