Boredom mod on lower door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Here is my $4.00 late night lower door panel mod! Everything in the truck was a different shade of red so I started blackening things out! Lol I'm going to redo them later but for now here's my quick fix!
First pic nasty burgundy
Second pic originally on door
Third pic quick fix!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 116

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Pic 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 126

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Pic 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 109

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Horrible pic, look away! Lol this along with the dash, carpet, seat, interior trim pieces and headliner were all a different kind of red and none of them looked nice. Still going to redo the door panels and paint the trim and do the headliner! So much to do so little time and cash! Lmao

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Looks pretty nice for just a bandaid fix.:cheers:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Just don't lose those chrome strips along the top. I don't think you can get them repop, and they seem to be fairly rare otherwise.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm still leaning towards making some metal ones. I have an idea but have to have them cut out but can't do that until I make a pattern for them.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'm still leaning towards making some metal ones. I have an idea but have to have them cut out but can't do that until I make a pattern for them.

Fabricate them out of round aluminum tubing (thin wall) and polish them with mag wheel and aluminm polish. Flat aluminum strap can be sourced at most metal supply shops or even Home Depot. I made my metal door inserts out of aluminum and brush finished them . The oem ones are basically a very thin aluminum glued to plastic anyway. You can see them in the pics if you look hard enough.:sorry:

Last edited:

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Fabricate them out of round aluminum tubing (thin wall) and polish them with mag wheel and aluminm polish. Flat aluminum strap can be sourced at most metal supply shops or even Home Depot. I made my metal door inserts out of aluminum and brush finished them . The oem ones are basically a very thin aluminum glued to plastic anyway. You can see them in the pics if you look hard enough.:sorry:

Could you get some more pics, I'm not sure exactly what too look for in the pics other than the aluminum plating towards the top of the door.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Could you get some more pics, I'm not sure exactly what too look for in the pics other than the aluminum plating towards the top of the door.

I will post pics when done with my lower door trim. I am planning to make the lower trim similar to the upper door aluminum pieces. I decided to go with all brushed aluminum to mimic the oem and its easier to maintain than polished. I have enough work keeping up the polished pieces on my motor.

redneck_reed78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Braden
Truck Year
1987, 1991
Truck Model
R30, Suburban
Engine Size
Horrible pic, look away! Lol this along with the dash, carpet, seat, interior trim pieces and headliner were all a different kind of red and none of them looked nice. Still going to redo the door panels and paint the trim and do the headliner! So much to do so little time and cash! Lmao

How'd you do it?

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The door panels I took off and cleaned then sprayed them with black plastidip, couldn't decide on if I wanted grey or black interior, so I did black first, it's held up really well for temporary, will most likely peel the panels and then sand and paint them permanent. Dash turned out really well with the plastidip but will paint it permanent also. The door panels I just took off the carpeting and used vinyl fabric from hobby lobby and stretched it over the cardboard backing of the carpet door panels. Gonna make some custom ones out of metal and have a buddy air brush them for me when I get them done.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia