Blower works on high only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Mi

Mine went out 2 years ago. Fuse holder burnt. Replaced with same type and no more problems. I also deleted the low speed fan by removing the top wire from the resistor connector. Now I have 3 speeds and the low position is off. Works great.
This is a great idea. Remind me if I ever come across an earlier truck. One feature of the round eye I'm not a fan of is the constant ventilation.

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
That's the same switch I just had to replace 2 weeks ago. Got a new one from USA1. $28 including s&h but well worth it.
The old one refused to be rebuilt.
OK. I took the switch out and it had 5 tabs. The plug took up 4 tabs and an orange wire took up the last tab. I bought a Genuine GM and it came with only 4 tabs for the plug. What do I do with the other orange wire now? And does anybody know where can I find one with 5 tabs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
OK. I took the switch out and it had 5 tabs. The plug took up 4 tabs and an orange wire took up the last tab. I bought a Genuine GM and it came with only 4 tabs for the plug. What do I do with the other orange wire now? And does anybody know where can I find one with 5 tabs.
You must be registered for see images attach

What year is that ?
75 and prior did not have a Max AC setting, but instead used the temp lever to trigger Max Ac. On max , no fan speed control- it ran on high only.

Wonder if that is what you had.

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
What year is that ?
75 and prior did not have a Max AC setting, but instead used the temp lever to trigger Max Ac. On max , no fan speed control- it ran on high only.

Wonder if that is what you had.
It is on my 1976. But I think I figured out what the problem was. The Resistor that is below the Relay had a loose connection. Now my fan works on High and all other speeds. The Additional tab is for the Max Air position to run the fan on High and no other speed. I am going to put in the new switch, because it is chromed and shiny and I like shiny. So I am going to connect the extra Tab wire to the Orange wire in the plug. That should solve the issue of only 4 tabs. Thanks for your answer, it guided me in the right direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128