Automatic/Remote start 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny_Santana

Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
305 5.0
Im trying to do this on my chevy c10 what this guy did on this chevy but i need info! Please help a chevy man. Where can i find info, pictures or videos to do please help....

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Manny_Santana

Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
305 5.0
My electronics guy was against doing it on my '85. But then again mine is carbureted. The way it works it'll keep cranking til it starts. If nobody's there to pump the gas a few times it's just gonna keep on cranking. I read about another guy that installed a solenoid on the firewall that had a cable running to the throttle. He would push that button a few times first then push the other button for the starter. (therefore more wiring/relays etc). Being that yours is TBI it's probably a whole different set up all together.
Hey Dreamer would you happend to know or have the addtess on this article....i need it to do just that n install remote start on my c10. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Get a decent system (avital/viper) and follow the wiring. I found everybody starting to include less detailed manuals, sometimes searching for older manuals helps. Use the wiring diagrams of year vehicle located on the forum to wire everything in. Also check that remote start system you get is capable of sending 12v signals to lock/unlock. Some only do ground and will need extra relays.

Last edited:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Decent for sure. I go no less then auto page or viper. Optimal is DEI which pretty much makes the rest or is copied of...
It's the same as you jumping the starter with a screw driver just a couple extra wires. You'll need a starter solenoid. Some alarm models have a wire for the tach signal which are the ideal ones too have especially since carbed engines don't always start on first try. It will also keep the starter from spinning and killing the battery.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
The thing about the carb systems is there is no (way to) kickdown? Or is there?

A remote start for Fuel injection maybe, but for the carbs it just seems too complicated---what about going out there starting it up and then going back inside? i don't know, i guess it doesn't get that cold that long here.....?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The accessory button on the remote can be used duel purpose. Once to set the choke/ prime the intake and after to kick down if needed. Its a total win.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkreetKilla