Another battery post conversion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks everyone for all the replies and help, it's nice to see the post generated so much conversation :)
For medical reasons it's particularly difficult for me to get under the truck, and I hate reinventing the wheel so advice from others who have already done this is greatly appreciated!

I only want to do this once so I went whole-hog and got a custom 2/0 top post cable from https://www.custombatterycables.com/ , including a large gauge accessory lead so I can add a fuse block. Will post a pic when it's done.
I'll look forward to seeing the pics. I hear you on limitations. I'm ok with underneath, but bent over or folded up is a problem for me so doing stuff back by the distributor area is tough for me.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
As far as my "I see a lot of problems in that picture" I was just given you a hard time. I figured you were working on it, I saw what looks like a Gatorade bottle and I assumed you didn't normally keep it there lol. And yes it looks much better and cleaned up in the more recent picture. Your pump from the plow, looks like mine for my bed dump.

It's interesting to think about belts, how they do different things and how we can change that up.

My 425 Cadillac has a two grove crank pulley. One goes around the A/C compressor and P/S let me tell you how well that doesn't work on a hot day in a tight parking lot..... The other one goes around the water pump and the air pump. The air pump has a two grove pulley and one short belt goes from it to around the alternator, as if even having an alternator was an after thought. Let me tell you how well that doesn't work if discharge the battery even a little. It's terrible belt setup really, every single one of them is over worked in one way or another.

I won't run no shroud on any of my vehicles regardless. I got my fingers beat up pretty bad trying to time a car missing the shroud once years ago. Lucky I just bruised the heck out of them, with only minor cuts.
the plow stuff is all just chilling to the side since I have a bit of things needed before I use it again. I think I decided im going to get another plow, a western
You must be registered for see images attach

only problem i have Is I am not sure what the hell the company that it is from originally was and I am pretty sure my gpa made the a frame and sector based on either an original that went bad or he made it on the original/what was present from the service truck he got the plow from(township) and then kinda filled in the blanks with a crayon and made it a pin for setting the angle, but his metal wasnt the strongest design possbily, or the bulldozing he did with dirt, or the fitment of a single pin was just too loose and it went down hill from there.

But I dont know what it is lol. Gatorade bottles 80% of the time are fluid removals 20% exploratory fluid checking. somewhere is drinking too lol

so for now pump wiring/stuff is just ignored since It needs to be looked at better overall and I want to angle the plow with whatever I do next with it.

those zip ties are holding a green wire to ground. welding clamp is the power hookup lol!

also I think the reservoir/valve are for an old 50-60s willys/jeep.. monroe apparently, possibly, and i assume the stuff driven by the eelectric motor (Pump) is in that all. If it is, rad.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yea, I hear you on parts that are unknown. Like on my bed lift. I never found any manufacture stamps or anything like that. There are #s on the pump and on the motor, which would indicate they were built to be on a lift gate. The hydraulic ram, is a generic hydraulic ram meant as a service replacement part. Though talks with the guys at Piece Arrow, we were able to determine that the scissor, and hinges are likely theirs but they have no record of ever using those part # for motor, pump and ram. I'll probably never know if those are original parts or not. So I guess I'm in better shape than your plow, but I did spend quite a bit of time trying to figure it all out. If you haven't already maybe you should post pictures of your plow to a plow site, someone might recognize it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yea, I hear you on parts that are unknown. Like on my bed lift. I never found any manufacture stamps or anything like that. There are #s on the pump and on the motor, which would indicate they were built to be on a lift gate. The hydraulic ram, is a generic hydraulic ram meant as a service replacement part. Though talks with the guys at Piece Arrow, we were able to determine that the scissor, and hinges are likely theirs but they have no record of ever using those part # for motor, pump and ram. I'll probably never know if those are original parts or not. So I guess I'm in better shape than your plow, but I did spend quite a bit of time trying to figure it all out. If you haven't already maybe you should post pictures of your plow to a plow site, someone might recognize it.
I tried that twice.

no bites.

bunch of pretentious bitches, I tell ya

(lol)
To be fair a lot of them either are ride or die im using this 1980s plow perfectly restored till I die or they react in digust at anything made out of metal let alone old, then especially in their vehicles. with 15 joysticks , a spreader, and alll that money they would have just been better off with having a a larger truck than all the work they put into rangers, old blazers, broncos , new small things, etc... to make them stout.

So what I Do know:
I have one of these but without cylinders, Missing a spring I think, may need a new pivot, would need a cutting edge/top piece to curl snow

My dad gave me a random ass western and its like this, I presume western anyway. but the plow may be on the smaller size. I forget. if it turns out its smaller than i would want, I have the otpion to sell/trade and if i did that, I may be wise to source myers EZ mount or classic(I think)

best I can tell, this is for a square, and its one of those things if I needed to id rather start with something I have vs etc. these older plows often werent that different either. For example, the plow MAY be close to fitting the coupling lugs on my truck if so, its minimal fab to make it something to hold it.

The coupling lugs my gpa made are a little lack of robust on the truck atm, but it mostly wasnt good because I had a pin break and the plow itself wedged up and poked my headlight bezel to cause a small dent but it did bend the plow(prev post) and the ear on the truck. if the spacing needed changing to hook up a western, for ex, then it would be ez-pz

I also know that I am going to use my hydraulics as i have for now unless it doesnt work or it is not enough for anglers(should be id think) and if it needs replacement ever, muncie gets my business for the clutch pump for SBC so i wouldnt need the dwindling pumps that came on the myers front hookup like the pic in this thread(its gone)

and for fun,

I wonder what that bad boy went in and did before :O

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54