A/c delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
Hi, new member here. Just picked up a 87 V10 short bed with a Rugby dump bed kit installed. Cool little truck and in decent shape. It is an AC truck but the ac doesn't work. I'm thinking of getting the evaporator elimination plate from Classic Industries. I'm thinking I'm going to keep this truck for a long time and will never need AC. It will always be a "second car" or toy and I'm not going to spend the money to get the ac changed over and working.

My question is, if I eliminate the evaporator, do I still order the parts from LMC etc for a truck with AC?

Is it worth it?

My fan only work on high, resistor I'm thinking but I don't get any heat. Just air and not much of it. I was going to replaced the heater core, blower motor and fan, resistor..... I'm sure the vents are not sealed up. The truck has been sitting for a while and I"ve got it up and running but will drive it mostly in cold, bad weather. So I need some serious heat. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I am in the process of this myself on my Suburban. I have a '89 with the dual air. I already removed the rear parts and am working on the front now. Condenser is out of the radiator support. Lines off the compressor are removed. I have the A/C delete pulley standing by to be installed, that will get the compressor out of the way. I have my eyes on some heater only parts at the pull-a-part that I plan to get soon. Then I want to swap out all the under dash parts with those parts. And swap the dash control out. Modifications to the firewall will have to be made to make this happen though. The openings for the blower and heater core are different so that is the only thing holding this up right now. I still have some homework to do on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68