89 Trans Am

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to do some clearancingof the block to use the ls6 valley cover? I have read that you do and saw a few pics of the process but hardly anyone ever mentions it.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Did you have to do some clearancingof the block to use the ls6 valley cover? I have read that you do and saw a few pics of the process but hardly anyone ever mentions it.
I did clearance, and also why following with couple of oil changes just in case. Now that I have done one, I know what to do next time to ensure no dust gets in the motor. Cut off wheel pushes a lot more air than a dremel everybody seems to use.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if one of the vibrating saws with. Metal cutting blade would work? I’m sure it would be slower but you could run a vacuum to help with the shavings will the saw is working.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I wonder if one of the vibrating saws with. Metal cutting blade would work? I’m sure it would be slower but you could run a vacuum to help with the shavings will the saw is working.
I think that would be better. I have one too. I made a mistake of being in a hurry trying to get it done before dark.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
One more note on ls6 intake and ls6 valey cover. The steam tube had to be bent out of the way and most of the small ribs on bottom of intake had to be shaved off. Changed oil today and decided to install new O2 sensors. But one of the bungs appears to be partially stripped. Looks like I will be pulling driver side header off the car next to get that O2 sensor installed.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be interested to know if the new O2 sensors make a noticeable improvement in drivability. Years ago I replaced the O2’s and egr valve on my 95 LT1 engine and it really woke it up, probably had 130k miles and 8-10 years of age on them.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I am hoping to feel some difference due to intake set up, too many variables to verify O2 sensors. Took the header off today and bought a thread chaser to fix the threads. Put back together. Had to really get the car up for the header removal, so started on trans fluid change. Need to actually buy some tomorrow and fill it up, only have one quart in the garage.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
It is all together and with new transmission fluid as well. Decided to fill with synchromesh. But somehow while working on it, the gauge fuse is blown. Made a short somewhere. Does not help that that fuse serves 15 or so items.
You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Temp trunk installed. There were little spacers between lower panel and the glass/lid but wonder if there were supposed to go on the top between glass and the lid. It is sitting not level front to back. Will be ok for now, until I fix all the holes and cut up mess on the original. Used butyl tape from home depot for a seal. Maybe will paint it random red and throw a spoiler back on just so it would not stand out as much

We need a different / profile shot pliz.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Fuse was the O2 sensor heater. Got a new O2 sensor for it. Also another oil change to 0w40 oil. Fixed the odometer, broken gear not available but thankfully someone already did a 3d model to 3d print. Spedo ready to go back in.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude!
Bro.
I been waiting for this thread to top again. Wanna know why?
I got some Über cool pics that I know you want to see! I took them JUST FOR YOU.
The guy that owns my IROC (Dr.Suave) has a 11,000 mile? 3.8 GNX powered freakin TURBO TRANS AM INDY PACE CAR in his garage.
Figured you may get a kick?
No, he wouldn't take me for a spin...maybe later?
Ima keep tryin yo!

*******.hot!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Dude!
Bro.
I been waiting for this thread to top again. Wanna know why?
I got some Über cool pics that I know you want to see! I took them JUST FOR YOU.
The guy that owns my IROC (Dr.Suave) has a 11,000 mile? 3.8 GNX powered freakin TURBO TRANS AM INDY PACE CAR in his garage.
Figured you may get a kick?
No, he wouldn't take me for a spin...maybe later?
Ima keep tryin yo!

*******.hot!

Love those cars

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If there were extra funds, I would not mind picking up a TTA at all. Just been driving the TA lately. Still almost prefer the spoiler less look. Gathered all the parts to get the ac put back in place. It is a bit warm around here.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Oh snap!

Boi if that mugg had freekin A/C I bet you wouldn't know what to do with yourself!

Besides be all "cool" and ****...the older I get it seems the higher on my list of priorities A/C climbs...?

:bowroflwerd6:
I think it looks good without the spoiler - but I don't know WHY. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL