88-91 Burb Nose Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torchred

Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 73's fenders, inner fenders, and core support are rotten and I was thinking of doing a nose change. If I go with the original 73 front I'll have to buy all the parts new I can't find any used around here (the original stuff is too far gone to patch) and the 88-91 Burb/Blazer parts are abundant here. What all is involved in the swap, any info at all, even just links to previous builds would help.

Thanks

torchred

Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also, do I need the doors as well, they look the same to me but I could be wrong.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Doors are the same.

It totally do-able but you'll need the complete front clip, there are modifications to the firewall for the hood hinges and I believe some of the light connectors on the harness are different.

Edit: I think there's a write up on coloradok5.com

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
hardest part is bumper change to the 81 up bumper

the hood hinge mounts on the firewall on the 81 up style so a hole will need to be cut

and yes the wiring plug for the headlight harness is different but the old style can be spliced in it place

torchred

Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Doors are the same.

It totally do-able but you'll need the complete front clip, there are modifications to the firewall for the hood hinges and I believe some of the light connectors on the harness are different.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

torchred

Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
hardest part is bumper change to the 81 up bumper

the hood hinge mounts on the firewall on the 81 up style so a hole will need to be cut

and yes the wiring plug for the headlight harness is different but the old style can be spliced in it place
Thanks for the info. Love your crew cab build, been watching it since I joined, and the tow truck too.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Doors are the same.

Im pretty sure the doors on a 73 chevy truck are two inches shorter thank a 81-87 truck

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Im pretty sure the doors on a 73 chevy truck are two inches shorter thank a 81-87 truck

Nope, they are exactly the same except for some changes in 76' to accommodate power windows. Even then, they will still exchange if you use the appropriate window regulator (power vs manual).

torchred

Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nope, they are exactly the same except for some changes in 76' to accommodate power windows. Even then, they will still exchange if you use the appropriate window regulator (power vs manual).

Thats good to know, I wanted to switch over to power windows, so that means I can get complete door assemblies with them already in them.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thats good to know, I wanted to switch over to power windows, so that means I can get complete door assemblies with them already in them.

80's doors will work fine. Here is an old picture of my 74 with 83 power window doors on it. When you get the doors also get the power window harness that runs under the dash of the door donor. Biggest bitch is drilling the hole thru the cab door frame for the power windows, locks wiring.

Attachments

• Imgp1429.jpg
    Imgp1429.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Imgp1460.jpg
    Imgp1460.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 118

torchred

Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
80's doors will work fine. Here is an old picture of my 74 with 83 power window doors on it. When you get the doors also get the power window harness that runs under the dash of the door donor. Biggest bitch is drilling the hole thru the cab door frame for the power windows, locks wiring.

Thanks for the good to know info, every bit helps. BTW are those centerline wheels?

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
in 81 the made the window glass thinner to save weight so you need to use the correct year window channels but they will interchange

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69