85 ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bm2000

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey guys! I'm in the planning and research stages of a ls swap for my 1985 c10 and I'm Hoping you guys could help me out. I want to build a reliable driver as simple and cheap as possible. Which would be more bang for the buck, 5.3 or 6.0? Automatic or 5 speed? Which mounting kit is the best. What fuel pump will get the right amount of pressure to the motor? Can I get away with keeping the original fuel tank?

Sorry for all the questions but any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
For a DD I think the 5.3 would be a good bet. You can swap in 4.8 flat top pistons to the 5.3 you can not to the 6.0, The 6.0 does consume a fair bit more fuel. The 5.3 can produce plenty of power especially with a cam swap.

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Hey guys! I'm in the planning and research stages of a ls swap for my 1985 c10 and I'm Hoping you guys could help me out. I want to build a reliable driver as simple and cheap as possible. Which would be more bang for the buck, 5.3 or 6.0? Automatic or 5 speed? Which mounting kit is the best. What fuel pump will get the right amount of pressure to the motor? Can I get away with keeping the original fuel tank?

Sorry for all the questions but any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Brandon,

Look me up on FB via my signature. I have 6.0/4L80e in my '87. I can tell you everything you need to know, and how to get the cleanest install. I sell a mount kit for $75, shipped. You can look up my intro post to see the whole deal explained.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD