4l80 mvb line pressure options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80goldenburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
'68 cad 472
Hello all, i am getting ready to part ways with the grocery getter 700r4 and to bring my C20 back to factory tow specs, with added OD gear as a bonus. So let me start by saying i am using the DIY manual valve body method.

TERMINALS PINOUT WIRES "A" AND "B" From the pressure manifold are connected together and connected to the ground side of "SHIFT SOLENOID A". TERMINAL PINOUT WIRE " C" from the pressure manifold is connected to the ground side of "SHIFT SOLENOID "B". 12 VOLTS is supplied to the PINK WIRE on the outside of the trans

Basically a homemade rossler box in 10 minutes of soldering wires while keeping $200+ in my pocket. Line pressure still needs to be regulated. Anybody plumbed in a diy th400 vac mod before? If not,what are some ways that i can control the pcs so its not at a constant full line pressure?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
The only way i can think of is building a circuit to work from tps and change 0-60% duty cycles at 293 Hz to pressure valve. Relatively simple arduino based project.

Last edited:

80goldenburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
'68 cad 472
The only way i can think of is building a circuit to work from tps and change 0-60% duty cycles at 293 Hz to pressure valve. Relatively simple arduino based project.
Ive been researchin on it lately and its definitely a solution. Yea mine being a '93 will be at that frequency. 94 and up are 614 mhz. I was told that this Arduino method wont work for 91-93 but cant confirm whether thats true or not.

The link you posted has database error. But is this what they did?

https://technoobsite.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/fan-speed-control-with-arduino-using-a-potentiometer/

Seems very simple.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
All of the archive links from gearhead efi just went to database error. I do not see a reason arduino would not work. Would be safer to add a power mosfet. A bit more complicated than the fan controller example. You need to write to specific registers to change the clock frequency. Look up changing clock frequency on arduino. Need to get pwm output at 293 Hz. Guys on gearhead built a full trans controller using factory gm tables for shift points and line pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64