WTH? SeaFoam $12 a Can?!?! NOT !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Last time I bought SeaFoam I got it on sale for like $7.99 a can and buy 2 get 1 FREE. So I bought 6 cans IIRC. Now I'm out and go to buy it and it's $11.99 at the Discount Auto Parts stores, AZ, O'Ry's and Advance. Of course, on sale at Advance, buy 1 get 1 half price. F That !!! As much as I hate Walmart, I went there and bought 3 cans for $6.74 a can. Damn near half price compared to Discount Auto Part stores. Motor Oil and Filters are also quite a bit cheaper. Guess I know where I'll be getting my fluids from now on.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Yeah, auto parts stores here are way more expensive. I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon and just wait 2 days for it to show up at my door (I have Amazon prime). SeaFoam thru them is also $6.74 a can.

Last week I needed to buy an Edelbrock square bore to spread bore adapter. NAPA wanted $47. Amazon wanted $20.

Walmart does have a great price on some automotive stuff but I always get so angry when I do go in there. Some stupid idiot always seems to be waiting for me...

Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Yeah, auto parts stores here are way more expensive. I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon and just wait 2 days for it to show up at my door (I have Amazon prime). SeaFoam thru them is also $6.74 a can.

Last week I needed to buy an Edelbrock square bore to spread bore adapter. NAPA wanted $47. Amazon wanted $20.

Walmart does have a great price on some automotive stuff but I always get so angry when I do go in there. Some stupid idiot always seems to be waiting for me...

Stupid idiots always ambush me!

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Yeah, yeah. Working @ an auto parts store I hear this ALL DAY long. It's the cost of business guys, it's only going to get worse. Amazon, doesn't have the overhead everyone else does. Walmart, well, when u buy **** by the TRAIN LOAD, it's cheap.

As much as I hate to say it, pay the lower prices and it's free commerce. But eventually kills the brick and mortar local stores. I'll lose my job one due to Amazon and eBay. Local Parts Store Guy.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Welcome to the club of price cutting. How do you like imported oil? It gets everyone cheaper gas and cuts jobs in the south. I have to work several side jobs to keep my family fed. Just take it with stride.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I still support my local parts store because of the relationship. If and when they go under I will do more of my parts buisness online.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm all for supporting causes and paying a bit more. I can see .25, .50 or maybe even a dollar, but damn, we're talking almost half price. $11.99 vs $6.74? Consider the profit margin %. I hate Walmart and their monopolizing ways while paying low ass wages and ****** benefits, but honestly, the 3 discount auto parts chains around here, don't pay much better if at all and I'm not even sure about benefits. Most of the discount auto guys here are just older retired guys making a little extra income cuz they don't do it for the money they say. The females are doing it as a 2nd household income, their husband is the bread winner.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I enjoy supporting a truly local business, as long as they aren't gouging me for real, and support me in turn.

But chains, franchises, etc can suck it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And 80% of the time, they know more than the guys.

That is true too. I think it's because they know they're in man's world and that they'll have to work a bit to get there and they take more pride in what they do. But it's true. I know of 2 women, and the guys will ask, hey, what's that part # for ? and the girl rattles it off and says, but we're out of it so call the warehouse. They seem to know #'s and inventory pretty well.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I enjoy supporting a truly local business, as long as they aren't gouging me for real, and support me in turn.

But chains, franchises, etc can suck it.

Yep, same here, and Advance, AZ and O'Ry's should be able to be buying larger quantity like Walmart does. I'll assure you, AZ sells more SeaFoam than Walmart does on an annual basis nationwide.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
My father in laws truck is sitting down right now because he trusted the part's guy at Autozone, some clown who slapped a pair of batteries in it, left the terminals loose, covered in corrosion etc. because he trusted the guy, because, hey, he works there right?

Probably the same clown who told me I couldn't run rubber hose on my TBI because it's injected so it's really high pressure. Or the one who insisted he needed year/make/model info when I had the damn part number, and it was just a drain for my compressor.

I only go to part's stores for loan a tools anymore, all I ever really get is high blood pressure.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
That is true too. I think it's because they know they're in man's world and that they'll have to work a bit to get there and they take more pride in what they do. But it's true. I know of 2 women, and the guys will ask, hey, what's that part # for ? and the girl rattles it off and says, but we're out of it so call the warehouse. They seem to know #'s and inventory pretty well.

Indeed. I was looking for a 1/2 to 3/8 barbed heater hose adapter yesterday, couldn't find one in the !HELP section, so I had the parts guy look for one. I told him the size 3 times, he repeated it 3 times, and kept trying to hand me the 1/2 to 5/8 adapter, and then started handing me 5/8 to 1-1/4 NPT to barb adapters, and all sorts of garbage. He eventually wandered off, and I asked the lady working there for the same thing, and she immediately walked back and brought it to the counter 30 seconds later.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
The Rural Kings around here carry Seafoam and its usually about $7 a can.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Our local AZ aka Twilight zone just plain sucks. Yes seafoam today was on sale for 11 bucks. LMAO

For the longest time I thought Carquest closed up shop here in town. Come to find out, they merged/bought each other with Advance Auto Parts. Made my day, the guys there always are willing to help you get the right thing you need. Not just what the computer tells you whats in your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray